Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace after Buckley. (according to Palace journo)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Diving in the penalty box and tricking the ref into awarding a penalty isn't a skill to be proud of. In the Premier League you cannot get away with six stepovers in a row and then tripping over your own feet.

That's why I don't want Buckley .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's why I don't want Buckley .

Buckley doesn't do more than two stepovers and only goes to ground when there is contact and a foul has been committed. He has a habit of over exerting himself running at pace down the wing and doing his hamstrings in. He is alright if you only need a winger for 25 games a season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Buckley doesn't do more than two stepovers and only goes to ground when there is contact and a foul has been committed. He has a habit of over exerting himself running at pace down the wing and doing his hamstrings in. He is alright if you only need a winger for 25 games a season.

As i said i dont want him .

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
As i said i dont want him .

What makes you think anyone here gives a toss what you'd want? As for Zaha? I know he screwed us over by scoring two down here and that memory will be forever painful and no doubt joyous for any Nigel but his goal scoring record and assists in the championship wasn't particularly impressive - 8 goals in 53 appearances last season. Not sure how many assists he got but I'm sure I recall our own Andrea Orlandi got more than Winnie. he did win a lot of points however by cheating and diving to win penalties, ultimately I always felt he was a player that was deceptively very good at looking good without actually scoring much or getting many assists, saying that he dragged other defenders in to close him down which brought other players space and time to cause problems. £15m though? He has certainly not even got close to justifying that price tag and so far it appears United were completely mugged off by Palace.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Is it true that Palace have the biggest squad in EUROPE, based on all the major top leagues?

If that is the case, then I reckon that you would want sell a few

Sorry, I only meant that no key players would be leaving. There's some dead wood that we simply don't need padding the squad atm, but the players in question (Jedinak and Murray) will be absolutely vital so will be going nowhere.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Diving in the penalty box and tricking the ref into awarding a penalty isn't a skill to be proud of. In the Premier League you cannot get away with six stepovers in a row and then tripping over your own feet.

Tripping over his own feet? You realise we're talking about Zaha here? The kid has staggeringly good ball control. He does a lot of stepovers but that's only because they're effective. Sure, you can criticize his final ball or his habit of going down easily under light contact, but when it comes to dribbling Wilfried is absolutely sensational and one of the very best in the country.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sorry, I only meant that no key players would be leaving. There's some dead wood that we simply don't need padding the squad atm, but the players in question (Jedinak and Murray) will be absolutely vital so will be going nowhere.

Not sure how you can say that about Murray as he's had a bad injury and he's never played at premier league level.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Tripping over his own feet? You realise we're talking about Zaha here? The kid has staggeringly good ball control. He does a lot of stepovers but that's only because they're effective. Sure, you can criticize his final ball or his habit of going down easily under light contact, but when it comes to dribbling Wilfried is absolutely sensational and one of the very best in the country.
Did you see the 7 minute video on talksport website earlier this week? It was basically a compilation of everything Zaha did as a sub for Man Utd U21s vs Middlesborough U21s.
He has phenomenal talent and is an incredible dribbler but the last thing he was in that game (and in many others I've seen) was effective. He constantly tried to do too much, often trying to take on the same player 2-3 times until he got tackled. It was clear from that video why he isn't getting a game in the premier league.
If he was more of a team player he would be a fantastic prospect but whils trying to do it all by yourself may work in the championship (although I believe his goals/assists per game over the last 2 years was lower than Buckleys) it won't work in the Premier League.
If Cardiff can teach him how to play as part of a team they will be getting a superb player - hope they do to - will be great if Zaha helps send Palace down!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Where did I suggest he was special needs ???

A bit low even by your low standards Soggy.

Getting back on track, I've heard Buckley wants it to happen, but Palace have to get nearer £2 mill.
Could be an interesting few days.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What makes you think anyone here gives a toss what you'd want? As for Zaha? I know he screwed us over by scoring two down here and that memory will be forever painful and no doubt joyous for any Nigel but his goal scoring record and assists in the championship wasn't particularly impressive - 8 goals in 53 appearances last season. Not sure how many assists he got but I'm sure I recall our own Andrea Orlandi got more than Winnie. he did win a lot of points however by cheating and diving to win penalties, ultimately I always felt he was a player that was deceptively very good at looking good without actually scoring much or getting many assists, saying that he dragged other defenders in to close him down which brought other players space and time to cause problems. £15m though? He has certainly not even got close to justifying that price tag and so far it appears United were completely mugged off by Palace.

I was answering soggy not you wind yer neck in !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here