Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace after Buckley. (according to Palace journo)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So let me get this straight.

We turned down £1.75M from Sunderland.
Palace bid £1.5M.

Errr. I think NOT.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Everyone knows that Palace won't sell anyone. We need every player we've got to try to stay up and can't afford to let anyone leave.

Despite that, we've heard in only the last week that Fiorentina want Bolasie and Cardiff want Williams. Fortunately for us, Joniesta signed a new contract the other today to put those rumours to bed.

Yes. You'll need each and every one of those 45 senior players in your 25 man Premier League squad.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Hello my dear friend...just one question...if you can waste £8m for Gayle....you surely must be willing to pay top dollar for Buckley....

Hello, I do not think for one minute it was 8 million but even so I think that was a mistake if it was anywhere near that money. Even though he may develop into a lot better player he is not there yet. I do not think we need Buckley and neither do I think he will improve us or is good enough for the premier. Thats just my opinion though

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
'At the minute,' though, is where we are. At the minute.

Well at the minute Zaha is still far better than anyone you have in your squad, he is better than anyone we have in ours. We are also a more attractive proposition simply for the fact we can probably pay more. Footballers are only loyal until a bigger pay packet comes along.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well at the minute Zaha is still far better than anyone you have in your squad, he is better than anyone we have in ours. We are also a more attractive proposition simply for the fact we can probably pay more. Footballers are only loyal until a bigger pay packet comes along.

That's bollocks frankly. He has been found out. He has no end product other than falling over and clearly is not good enough for the premiership yet.

If Bridcutt goes to a premiership he will fit in striaght away.

You oversold Zaha brilliantly and Man Utd fell for it, but just because someone spunks £15m on a player it doesn't make him a great player. He hasn't proved he is worth even half of that fee yet.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
That's bollocks frankly. He has been found out. He has no end product other than falling over and clearly is not good enough for the premiership yet.

You oversold Zaha brilliantly and Man Utd fell for it, but just because someone spunks £15m on a player it doesn't make him a great player. He hasn't proved he is worth even half of that fee yet.

1. You have no idea how Bridcutt will do as he hasn't played in the Premiership before.
2. Zaha hasn't been "found out" as that would imply failing to perform in the Premier League. He can't perform or fail to perform when he's not being picked.

Wilfried showed last year that he's far too good for the Championship which is why United bought him in the first place. Even if he flops at United completely, being not good enough for United doesn't mean he's not good enough for the Premier League.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Even if he flops at United completely, being not good enough for United doesn't mean he's not good enough for the Premier League.

Given how United are doing this season that doesn't really stack up.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
1. You have no idea how Bridcutt will do as he hasn't played in the Premiership before.
2. Zaha hasn't been "found out" as that would imply failing to perform in the Premier League. He can't perform or fail to perform when he's not being picked.

Wilfried showed last year that he's far too good for the Championship which is why United bought him in the first place. Even if he flops at United completely, being not good enough for United doesn't mean he's not good enough for the Premier League.

It's looking increasingly as if United aren't good enough for the Premier league themselves at the moment.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Given how United are doing this season that doesn't really stack up.

Of course it does... United are doing shit by their standards, but those standards are still better than the majority of Premier League clubs. Let's not pretend for a minute that Zaha wouldn't be starting every week for every club in the bottom half of the Premiership.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course it does... United are doing shit by their standards, but those standards are still better than the majority of Premier League clubs. Let's not pretend for a minute that Zaha wouldn't be starting every week for every club in the bottom half of the Premiership.

We'll find out soon enough if he goes to Cardiff. Come on most Palace fans must be gobsmacked that he doesn't feature in what has been a very poor team recently.

For what it's worth I think he's a good player and I am very surprised he's been frozen out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yes THAT. Zaha is Prem quality no doubt about it. Big 6 (Chel, Arse, Liv, Man Cit, Man Yoo, Spuds) there is still a question mark but anyone from Everton downwards absolutely.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Zaha is a one-trick pony that will always struggle against a quality full back.
After he's done his step over a couple of times, he has nothing left to surprise with.

Bridge owned him, and he hadn't played in the Prem for ages.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Everyone knows that Palace won't sell anyone. We need every player we've got to try to stay up and can't afford to let anyone leave.

Despite that, we've heard in only the last week that Fiorentina want Bolasie and Cardiff want Williams. Fortunately for us, Joniesta signed a new contract the other today to put those rumours to bed.

Is it true that Palace have the biggest squad in EUROPE, based on all the major top leagues?

If that is the case, then I reckon that you would want sell a few

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

United have a great track record for throwing young players into The Premier League. It's not about 'can't perform if he's not being picked', it's about performing day-in, day-out on the training ground. Zaha CLEARLY hasn't been doing this, otherwise he would surely have been involved a bit more.

Bridcutt is a class act. He might be a bit of a short-arse in today's world of powerhouse midfield bullyboys, but he's arguably one of the best headers of the ball at the club. He could certainly do a job for a team in the lower reaches of The Premier League. Buckley is also a class act, but only when fit. We haven't seen too much of that recently.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd have Zaha in our team in place of Buckley. I can't see how you can argue that case any other way.

He's not prem quality yet, but give him time at least. Fergie used to take on players he thought the club could develop. Let's see. He may prove an astute signing yet.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

I think the only one who has been found out is yourself, in knowing sweet fa about football. If you believe he is not good enough for the premiership then you are deluded or just bitter because he was one of our players. Zaha was to good for the championship(as is Tom Ince), that is not me being loyal to my team, that is me being honest. He is one of the most skilful at running at the opposition and making space I have ever seen. As for no end product, I think the two goals he put past you lot and multiple goals he created or had a part in proves otherwise.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Parish really needs to stop the insultingly low bidding which he knows gets him nowhere.

Why turn down 1.75 million from Sunderland, yet accept a 1.5 million bid from Palace?

Charming is just playing to the gallery - he deserves to cock up this window as much as he did the last one :lolol:

Palace did it over the summer , put in bids they knew would be rejected so they could appease the fans by saying they identified over 250 potential targets and put forward bids on them but got turned down.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
multiple goals he created or had a part in proves otherwise.

Diving in the penalty box and tricking the ref into awarding a penalty isn't a skill to be proud of. In the Premier League you cannot get away with six stepovers in a row and then tripping over your own feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here