[Cricket] Pakistan-England Test Series

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Outstanding bowling from what I've seen.

But England have lost this. Not just a bang average batting display here, but also it is clearly a spinners wicket, and we've picked just ONE. (Unless you count Joe Root's part time twirling)

FFS.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don’t even think you can criticise the approach because this is one of them pitches where you could see England getting all out for under 200 this time a year ago

Kadabra has SEVEN, when was the last time a bowler took all 10 wickets? 🤔

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don’t even think you can criticise the approach because this is one of them pitches where you could see England getting all out for under 200 this time a year ago

Kadabra has SEVEN, when was the last time a bowler took all 10 wickets? 🤔
You're right, it's 7 down but it's also approaching 250 from 47overs. If England can wag a bit from here, still very much in the game.

...okay, this is more like a tail wag of a French Bulldog...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You're right, it's 7 down but it's also approaching 250 from 47overs. If England can wag a bit from here, still very much in the game.
Only if we have spinners who can bowl as well as theirs.

Edit. Tail not wagging too well!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Worth remembering Pakistan have to bat last on this and it's not going to get any better. There will be something in it for the seamers too, surely, Robinson could do well with movement off the seam.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Worth remembering Pakistan have to bat last on this and it's not going to get any better. There will be something in it for the seamers too, surely, Robinson could do well with movement off the seam.
Robinson can bowl spin as well

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Outstanding bowling from what I've seen.

But England have lost this. Not just a bang average batting display here, but also it is clearly a spinners wicket, and we've picked just ONE. (Unless you count Joe Root's part time twirling)

FFS.
I assume they're counting Jacks, since he took 6 in the last game.
This... may prove to be ambitious.
Notwithstanding Wood's 36, this is the sort of situation which I had in mind a few days ago when I wrote that you couldn't pick a balanced side with Robinson, Wood, Leach and Anderson at the same time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that the other Travis Head has got a daddy ton for Australia, following his 99 in the first test. Why didn't Sussex get this one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports