Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Pakistan-England Test Series

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Jacks gone for 24 off 13, looking for a 3rd six in a row.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
264/7 at tea, lead of 342 to tempt the opposition

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
BBC.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
England have declared, a bit too soon in my opinion.
I would have liked another 30-40 runs
I agree. It’s doable with a good final session and steady batting on Day 5. But, it’s also winnable for us on a last day spinners’ wicket.

So, good declaration and I’m hedging my bets!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I agree. It’s doable with a good final session and steady batting on Day 5. But, it’s also winnable for us on a last day spinners’ wicket.

So, good declaration and I’m hedging my bets!

Might become a spinners wicket by day 10!

Ballsy as hell that declaration, I think they'll get them. But this is the Stokes brand and not going to complain

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Been keeping an eye on the score for the last 3 days and not bothered watching a boring batfest, but actually worth watching now. Good declaration

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England have declared, a bit too soon in my opinion.
I would have liked another 30-40 runs
It made me nervous. Very brave. But it is the way they do things. Pakistan are allowed back into the game then there might be a positive result. Other than that it would have been pretty much a guaranteed draw. And England don't do those these days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Every time I think to myself “Well this time they’ve gone too far, no way they can win this one” some nonsense like this happens

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Test cricket is the best - no question at all. I am so glad they are back in Pakistan. I was there during the last tour on an education programme and visited Pindi and Multan. I have a pic with a colleague along with Straussy and a young Liam Plunkett. The Pakistan fans were fantastic and really friendly. I’m also glad Sky have the TV coverage and 5live sports extra has the radio - SO much better than BT and Talksport. Ian Ward, Kumar Sangakarra and Mark Butcher give great analysis and Aggers and co. are always good value - great stuff all round imo

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Terrific positive declaration. The draw was heavy odds on a few hours ago. Draw now 5/1 with England narrow favourites. I

If we win or if Pakistan win with a 2 or 3 wickets sometime around tea, great stuff.

Edit Pakistan now narrow favourites ... It's that close. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here