Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Pakistan-England Test Series

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Flatter than flat this is this pitch
Unlike many flat pitches though, it's got a bit of pace so lots of scoring at least.

I wonder what the quickest scoring of 1000 runs by either team has been in a test match? We're on 781 runs from 139 overs so far...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Also just seen Tagenarine Chanderpaul is 47 not out on test debut in Perth.

If he’s half as good as his Dad …
Tagenarine Dream debut.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This is exactly the kind of cricket I don’t like to watch, sadly. Pointless.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is exactly the kind of cricket I don’t like to watch, sadly. Pointless.
This is exactly the kind of cricket I love to watch. The intensity and focus of the long game.

Much better than the ugly kiss-me-quick thrill.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have woken up to the astounding news we have taken 3 wickets!
Pakistan 298-3 at Lunch
This is exactly the kind of cricket I love to watch. The intensity and focus of the long game.

Much better than the ugly kiss-me-quick thrill.
Trouble is it would have to be a very long game to get 20 wickets on this strip

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Trouble is it would have to be a very long game to get 20 wickets on this strip
Quite. But I lap up every ball.

The first overseas series I followed was England in India 1981/82. The dullest series ever. They didn't even have target over rates then. India won the first Test on a green top in Bombay and the rest of the series was draws. I think there would have been less wickets had the Indian umpires not taken a stack for themselves.

If I got through that series, waking up at 5am before me paper round to listen to the distant crackles of TMS, there was no way a Test such as this would ever been considered anything less than too much excitement.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Pakistan's innings closes with them trailing by 78. Wicket falls in the first over of the 3rd innings. Pickle theory could come into play with something like 150 overs left to force a result

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
55th half Century for Joe Root, he will be pushing 11,000 Test Runs by the end of the Series.

152-3, at 6 an over, 20 more will see England around 320 ahead and maybe a declaration?

EDIT: Now going at 7 per Over, 2 hours more play, declare 30 minutes before Stumps and give Pakistan an 'orrid session at the end of the day?

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
55th half Century for Joe Root, he will be pushing 11,000 Test Runs by the end of the Series.

152-3, at 6 an over, 20 more will see England around 320 ahead and maybe a declaration?
No chance we’ll set 320 on this wicket.

I hope not anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here