Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paint Remover

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
So, i was painting the ceiling of my bathroom in the week. Unfortunately weve only got a small flat and have got 6 dining room chairs. Theyre all pretty nice, leather design shit. Anyway i needed to use a chair and this was the only thing that would suffice. So as u can imagine its covered with flicks and splutters of paint now.

Anyone know of good techniques or stuff to use to get rid of the paint while not ruining the chair too much.

Any Help would be muchos apreciated

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So, i was painting the ceiling of my bathroom in the week. Unfortunately weve only got a small flat and have got 6 dining room chairs. Theyre all pretty nice, leather design shit. Anyway i needed to use a chair and this was the only thing that would suffice. So as u can imagine its covered with flicks and splutters of paint now.

Anyone know of good techniques or stuff to use to get rid of the paint while not ruining the chair too much.

Any Help would be muchos apreciated

Never heard of a dust sheet?

Anyway if it is emulsion paint it takes a little while to fully harden, and if you're quick you may get it off with hot soapy water and a bit of elbow gease. Good luck.

Pettitt303

Registered Drug Abuser
Oct 28, 2006
East, East, East Sussex
depends on what paint you have used, proberly water based matt emulsion?
check the back of the tin, warm soapy water with a scratchy kitchen sponge should do the trick, if its oil based white spirit or turps will remove it, then water directly after

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Try calling Adam Reed. He removed Paint(er) from the pitch on Tuesday night.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Cheers lads, ill give it a try. Ive already tried the warm soapy water method to no avail. The paint is normal white matt emulsion btw

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Cheers lads, ill give it a try. Ive already tried the warm soapy water method to no avail. The paint is normal white matt emulsion btw

If its water based and they are raised spots,try scrapeing with your finger nail to break it down, then try the warm soapy water to clear it.It should work

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I worked in the painting & decorating industry for the past year and have found a lot of people use a brand called Gorilla who do a range of wipes, you should be able to find this in a Travis Perkins/Brewers/Dulux Decorating Centre near you, it should hopefully do the trick, although im not 100% how effective it is if the paint has fully dried.

In the future I'd recommend buying some pack-exe to stick onto anything you might get paint on, it just sticks onto any surface you put it on, very useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here