Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Page 123 of todays Racing Post ....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

....'one of the best bets in The Coca Cola Leagues is Brighton at 9/1 for relagation from League 1 the homeless seagulls are just the sort of team to drop through the divisions'.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
hove born&bred said:
....'one of the best bets in The Coca Cola Leagues is Brighton at 9/1 for relagation from League 1 the homeless seagulls are just the sort of team to drop through the divisions'.

Ladies and Gents: Racing Post demonstrating impressively why they are a racing publication

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Page 123 of todays Racing Post ....

fake slim said:
Ladies and Gents: Racing Post demonstrating impressively why they are a racing publication
Why? Looking at our squad and at teams coming down in past years it is a decent tip.

It shouldn't happen but it's far from impossible.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Teams often strugle when they come down. Gillingham was a prime example last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not a problem.
I think it was The Sunday Times, that tipped SCCC to finish rock bottom of the County League.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
Teams often strugle when they come down. Gillingham was a prime example last season.

and rotherham - only survived on the last day

i think we could well struggle this season

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Re: Re: Re: Page 123 of todays Racing Post ....

Silent Bob said:
Why? Looking at our squad and at teams coming down in past years it is a decent tip.

agreed. what a mess!

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
funny looking at the sun odds for the weekend had us down as a two nil win, first time i've seen us backed for a win for a while

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Re: Re: Re: Page 123 of todays Racing Post ....

Silent Bob said:

If we go down i'll kiss Ernest's bottom! I honestly don't think we'll be anywhere near that!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Screw the poxy racing post, I am going to add that to the list of publications I wouldn't use in an emergency if the Andrex ran out...it joins the Daily Mirror.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I've had a few quid at 9-1. I don't think we will go down but one only has to look at Grimsby to see a parellel. They dropped down the divisions and some of the struggling teams last year show its nowhere near impossible. With our lack of investment 9-1, should be around 6's in my opinion. Certainly scope to lay off as a bet to nothing with a bad start (distinctly possible given our tough start).

The good news is that I put £50 on us to go down the season we stayed up after we sold Cullip and Currie.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stst Brother said:
Not a problem.
I think it was The Sunday Times, that tipped SCCC to finish rock bottom of the County League.

I did try to find the Times season preview, when Sussex won, to no avail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here