Paedos winners in the budget cuts disgrace. Poor Sara Payne

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
The mother of murdered eight-year-old Sarah Payne has criticised the decision to break up the Forensic Science Service (FSS).

Sara Payne said Roy Whiting, who was convicted of killing Sarah after her body was found in Pulborough in 2000, would be free without the work of the FSS.

According to the Home Office, the FSS is likely to run out of money by January.

It is expected to be wound up by March 2012, costing about 1,600 jobs, although there will be jobs created in factories producing macintoshes and jelly babies.

Ms Payne, a Phoenix Chief advocate who campaigns on child abuse issues, questioned why there has been no public consultation.

She said: "As a victims' advocate, I can tell you that 90% of most current sex offender cases rely on forensic services to prove their cases.

"Over the years we've worked with thousands of victims who wouldn't have got justice if it were not for the highly-regarded FSS.

"Roy Whiting, and countless other offenders I can think of, would not be in jail if it were not for the FSS.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Over the last few years, a lot of other forensic providers, such as LGC, Cellmark etc have grown stronger, offering the same or better level of service but at a cheaper rate. Most of the work the FSS currently do will be split amongst these other companies. It's very sad to see the FSS go, but there is a lot of competition out there now.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Can we have a separate forum for all this political stuff that clogs up the main board?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The work done by the FSS will be picked up by the private companies already in competition with them who do the same job with the same results at a lower cost.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
New here aren't you?

Can I suggest you go find a nice quiet board somewhere. This one has been functioning quiet well for longer than I can recall and it has always been much the way it is right now.

I'll take that as a 'no' then... :amex:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sensationalist journalism, as has already been said private organisation will pick up the work at a lower cost

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Over the last few years, a lot of other forensic providers, such as LGC, Cellmark etc have grown stronger, offering the same or better level of service but at a cheaper rate. Most of the work the FSS currently do will be split amongst these other companies. It's very sad to see the FSS go, but there is a lot of competition out there now.

Glad that someone knows what they're talking about before uninformed 'victory for the paedos' talk gets out of hand!!

It's up to the owner of the board, not me. they very rarely pay any attention to anything I say for some inexplicable reason.

Eventually you learn which posters to avoid. There were 2 posters who eventually I never ever opened a single post of after a while.

watcher

Jan 12, 2010
New here aren't you?

Can I suggest you go find a nice quiet board somewhere. This one has been functioning quiet well for longer than I can recall and it has always been much the way it is right now.

Hi G - glad to see you still around. Belated Chrimbo wishes.

edit - Palace fan here btw in case you didn't know who I was.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Glad that someone knows what they're talking about before uninformed 'victory for the paedos' talk gets out of hand!!

Yes someone could quite easily have DAILY MAILed this thread up

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind quoting Sarah Payne's mum, let's get Frankie Boyle's take on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports