Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My Dad-----80 years old played for Brighton Boys as did his dad----MY Great Grand Dad.
I played Sunday League for 22 years.
Paddy would not tie their bootlaces nor mine:moo:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Albion sensibly don't have a first team squad of merely 18 players so most weeks several players aren't going to make it, however good they are. At the moment thats Paddy. He's also, for him, behind Solly March in the pecking order who's finally coming good having been injured in the first half of the season.
He's also behind Tex in terms of play makers but he's still one of a handful of creative players we have who can a) beat players b) play great through balls.
As for assists then in the last game he played at the Amex he played a sublime ball to Colunga who passed it back to Calde who kickstarted our season...
Hyypia criticised him for his defending. Presumably Hughton is still assessing him. My guess is he'll still be here come Feb 2nd (end of the window).

Oct 25, 2003
Albion sensibly don't have a first team squad of merely 18 players so most weeks several players aren't going to make it, however good they are. At the moment thats Paddy. He's also, for him, behind Solly March in the pecking order who's finally coming good having been injured in the first half of the season.
He's also behind Tex in terms of play makers but he's still one of a handful of creative players we have who can a) beat players b) play great through balls.
As for assists then in the last game he played at the Amex he played a sublime ball to Colunga who passed it back to Calde who kickstarted our season...
Hyypia criticised him for his defending. Presumably Hughton is still assessing him. My guess is he'll still be here come Feb 2nd (end of the window).

he won't be here...you can trust me on that, a deal has been agreed. presume he isn't in CH's plans as it's only been in the last week that this has come about

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Paddy McCourt is the new Kevin Thornton and I claim my £5 :D

Oct 25, 2003
having said that, the country he's going to is outside of UEFA and therefore I don't think the deal has to be done by deadline day. I think it will be though

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was less than enthralled when I heard we'd signed a "former Barnsley playmaker". Paddy has a great eye for a pass and has a Vicente-ish ability to bamboozle defenders with his footwork but I don't think I've seen him break into a jog.

It's one of those seasons where I guess we just latch onto anything that looks remotely better than a lot of the dross we've seen on the pitch. Hence the excitement for a Greg Halford throw, a Chris O'Grady shot on goal, or the Irish Pele taking the field in the 70th minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here