Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Packing for your holiday ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When would you start packing for a holiday in Europe on September 2nd ?

Mrs Q has started tonight.

Not enough info to answer if I’m packing I’m afraid. Depends on flight time and airport location. If after lunchtime and less than an hour away, Sept 2nd, otherwise possibly might do a bit on 1st (Mrs D on the other hand will start about a week earlier).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I really miss my dear old Mum, and for those 80s European summer road trips, she could start packing ‘provisions’ many months before. As if France didn’t have coffee, tea bags (she had a point there, will let that one go) and tinned goods, most of which predictably made the return journey back, untouched, a fortnight later. Our station wagon was only missing Chevy Chase by the time we departed for the channel ports and with our supplies of powdered milk, sugar, first aid etc it felt like we were more part of some UN emergency aid column than tourists as we rolled onto Townsend Thoresen for our annual vacation. Happy days mind, god bless you Mum for not trusting the French to have Rich Tea. Or BLEACH…

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll start about an hour before we head off to the airport, and I'll be done within a few minutes.

In related news, I've never really understood the concept of "holiday clothes" which, presumably, are put in cases by those who pack weeks in advance.

My "holiday clothes" are what I call my "clothes", so I can't really pack them due to the fact I'm wearing some of them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If its a morning flight I'll pack the night before. If an evening flight I'll pack that morning.

I'm flying to England on Tuesday morning so I'll pack monday night. Shouldn't take more than 10-15minutes.

Cleaning my apartment so I don't come back to an absolute hovel is what will take time, so with the best will in the world*, I'll probably only shove a few things in a cupboard and give the place a quick hoover.

*clearly not the best will in the world.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We go Tuesday and the cases are out in the spare room with piles of ironing to be done! Although just bought snorkels, beach shoes etc…which may be a tad heavy!

Started getting stuff together for November Canary Islands cruise and digging out Caribbean shirts etc for January cruise!

:D:D::D

Can now go outside school holidays for half the price.

Ironing? what's that? ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If its a morning flight I'll pack the night before. If an evening flight I'll pack that morning.

I'm flying to England on Tuesday morning so I'll pack monday night. Shouldn't take more than 10-15minutes.

Cleaning my apartment so I don't come back to an absolute hovel is what will take time, so with the best will in the world*, I'll probably only shove a few things in a cupboard and give the place a quick hoover.

*clearly not the best will in the world.

Hoover? what's that? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After years of business travel I can pack accurately in 10 minutes. It drives the other half insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
After years of business travel I can pack accurately in 10 minutes. It drives the other half insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this, plus I can take enough stuff for a week (business, leisure and gym) in hand luggage (rather than 2 x 20kg cases and start spreading the stuff out on the spare bed 2 weeks beforehand)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll start about an hour before we head off to the airport, and I'll be done within a few minutes.

In related news, I've never really understood the concept of "holiday clothes" which, presumably, are put in cases by those who pack weeks in advance.

My "holiday clothes" are what I call my "clothes", so I can't really pack them due to the fact I'm wearing some of them.

Absolutely this. We go away on 27th of this month, and I have been asked today to go up into the loft and retrieve Mrs P's "holiday clothes" which are in the suitcase :shrug:

My "holiday clothes" consist entirely of the shorts and t-shirt shelves currently in my wardrobe.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Absolutely this. We go away on 27th of this month, and I have been asked today to go up into the loft and retrieve Mrs P's "holiday clothes" which are in the suitcase :shrug:

My "holiday clothes" consist entirely of the shorts and t-shirt shelves currently in my wardrobe.

Ye but to be fair I’m guessing her nine other wardrobes are up there

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Likewise..i have work clothes (mucky job) and a set of clothes i wear the rest of the time….and as i holiday in the UK only ..packing takes place 30 mins before i leave the house

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just finished packing for my one night holiday in Manchester. Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, fresh undies, new home shirt, pack of cards, charging cables. Job done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly this, plus I can take enough stuff for a week (business, leisure and gym) in hand luggage (rather than 2 x 20kg cases and start spreading the stuff out on the spare bed 2 weeks beforehand)

I went to Belfast for a weekend in March, and got everything into hand luggage.

A fortnight away is a different matter, as there is beach wear, restaurant wear, sports wear etc.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

My wife normally buys me a few T shirts every holiday. I never feel I need any though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here