[Albion] Oxlade Chamberlain on a free

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Only reason to sign him would be the experience and potential leadership. With Dunk, Veltman, Milner, Lallana and Welbeck (might be forgetting someone) it feels we already have enough of that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our plot to reunite England's Euro 2012 squad continues apace if we sign him

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Only reason to sign him would be the experience and potential leadership. With Dunk, Veltman, Milner, Lallana and Welbeck (might be forgetting someone) it feels we already have enough of that.
I know people go on about Lallana and Milner's leadership and the role model they provide in the dressing room.
I've not heard anything like that about Oxlade-Chamberlain. Which isn't to say he's an arsehole or anything, just that I wouldn't read we'd signed him and immediately think "oh, what a great example he'll set to the youngsters in the team".
I might wonder whether we're getting an extension to the physio's room, but maybe his injury record isn't as bad as I think it is.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I know people go on about Lallana and Milner's leadership and the role model they provide in the dressing room.
I've not heard anything like that about Oxlade-Chamberlain. Which isn't to say he's an arsehole or anything, just that I wouldn't read we'd signed him and immediately think "oh, what a great example he'll set to the youngsters in the team".
I might wonder whether we're getting an extension to the physio's room, but maybe his injury record isn't as bad as I think it is.
I think it's more to do with the WAG.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is it possible to sign him on a job share arrangement where we pair him with another “sick note” player?
Good point

Welbeck was a crock, by virtually everyones opinions, and look what we managed to do.

There are plenty of players who can be better just by looking after themselves and being well managed.

I know nothing of A O-C . . .but it is a valid point . . .IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here