[Albion] Own up - who's Stewart, the caller on TalkSport tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They were rinsing him on the breakfast show this morning as well. Replayed the clip and nominated him for their ‘numpty of the week’. What a prize plank :wrong::wrong:

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

After watching the clip, they just interrupted him mid sentence and then went to some adverts. What's the point of getting listenders to call in if they just get interrupted then cut off.

It was obvious he was going to go on and say about how great the the team played in the second half. Still, it was a bit pointless to phone up and make any complaints on national raido after that performance and result!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They were rinsing him on the breakfast show this morning as well. Replayed the clip and nominated him for their ‘numpty of the week’. What a prize plank :wrong::wrong:

I felt tarnished by his call. Somehow as if listeners would think all Brighton fans are like that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

May 5, 2020
Sussex
In defence of Stuart,he seemed to be moaning about trivial things that happened to then lead up to how amazing the match was but the presenter interrupted and focussed on the moaning,so Stuart was unable to get to the best bit of his evening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
After watching the clip, they just interrupted him mid sentence and then went to some adverts. What's the point of getting listenders to call in if they just get interrupted then cut off.

It was obvious he was going to go on and say about how great the the team played in the second half. Still, it was a bit pointless to phone up and make any complaints on national raido after that performance and result!

Yep...maybe cutting him off made it sound worse than he intended, but after watching a game like that, after so long away, why even mention any of that stuff.......... :shrug::shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Talksport is probably the most reactionary radio channel out there , not many people take it seriously, you get all the loons calling in .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
In defence of Stuart,he seemed to be moaning about trivial things that happened to then lead up to how amazing the match was but the presenter interrupted and focussed on the moaning,so Stuart was unable to get to the best bit of his evening.

The presenter was a c0ck and the show was a bowl of sh1t. I was listening in the car on the way home, hoping to bask in the glory of a fabulous night and all we got was 'Brighton fan's Stuart. He opened with 'I don't know why I'm calling', hinted that he might eventually praise the team then rambled on about everything but. The presenter offered him the chance to talk after the break, but Stuart said 'no, I'm done', then returned to his ramble at which point the presenter mercifully cut him off. I think you'll find it was Stuart who focussed on the meaning. I'd like to think he'll feel a bit disappointed with himself this morning...

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The presenter was a c0ck and the show was a bowl of sh1t. I was listening in the car on the way home, hoping to bask in the glory of a fabulous night and all we got was Stuart. He opened with 'I don't know why I'm calling', hinted that he might eventually praise the team then rambled on about everything but. The presenter offered him the chance to talk after the break, but Stuart said 'no, I'm done', then returned to his ramble at which point the presenter mercifully cut him off. I think you'll find it was Stuart who focussed on the meaning.

Fair enough.
I must confess I didn't hear the whole dialogue.
If Stuart had an opportunity to say how great the game was but carried on the moaning then that is indeed a bit disappointing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Surely "numpty of the week" is anyone who listens to TalkSport? :shrug:

That's a tad unnecessary. I was trapped in the car on the way home and hoping to carry on basking in our wonderful evening with a bit of praise for the boys and the fabulous fans on national radio.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's a tad unnecessary. I was trapped in the car on the way home and hoping to carry on basking in our wonderful evening with a bit of praise for the boys and the fabulous fans on national radio.

Same here. I had to turn over from 5Live as soon as Colin Murray came on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports