Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Own Teeth? . . . Dentures? . . . Implants?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well l've reached that stage, where on my recent check up, my dentist informed me, that as condition of my teeth and gums are dereiorating rapidly, l may benefit from having several teeth removed, and having either denttures or implants in their place.

Obviously having some of my gnashers taken out isn't exactly something l am looking forward to, but it's left me wondering . . .

How many of you still have a full set of teeth? and if you have had several removed have you taken the denture or implant option? or l guess simply managed with what you have left.

Incidentally l am 66.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Dentistry is to expensive in England,look abroad.Had ten crowns done in Egypt 1k, obviously check reviews first.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Four false ones at the front, knocked out in a car crash. Didn't like them 40 years ago, still don't like them now.
Things move on, and I believe new teeth are so much better now than then. (Mine were £600, dread to think what they'd be now).

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
For me, the ridiculous costs involved would ensure that I went with what I had left - maybe I could get someone to chew my food, first. :)
Nooooo, all the flavour comes out after the first few chews. All you'd be left with is a bit of cud.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Recently diagnosed with stage 2 periodontitis, binned the manual brush, got an electric, plus some Corsodyl mouthwash and Corsodyl toothpaste and time to start flossing and brushing correctly, which I apparently haven’t been doing, not aided by a plaque-causing chocolate addiction/rabid sweet tooth, which I’ve also binned off.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm 37 and wish I'd taken better care of my teeth.

I've got fillings all over the place, have had two taken out and my gumline is receding faster than my hairline.

Always said if I had the money I'd pay some expensive dental surgeon to put me under, take the entire lot out, have fake teeth drilled in and keep me under while it all heals.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

I've got fillings all over the place, have had two taken out and my gumline is receding faster than my hairline.

Always said if I had the money I'd pay some expensive dental surgeon to put me under, take the entire lot out, have fake teeth drilled in and keep me under while it all heals.
Ah, hair. I remember that.

Happy days...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well yes that's probably what l need doing really, but there are three main problems . . .

Very few dentists are prepared to put a patient to sleep nowadays, (not without a doctor being presents anyway), l'm a wuss and hate pain, and it would cost me an absolute arm and a leg.

From what l can gather from folk l know you have dentures, they have caused them no end of pain and inconvenience.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well yes that's probably what l need doing really, but there are three main problems . . .

Very few dentists are prepared to put a patient to sleep nowadays, (not without a doctor being presents anyway), l'm a wuss and hate pain, and it would cost me an absolute arm and a leg.

From what l can gather from folk l know you have dentures, they have caused them no end of pain and inconvenience.
The dentist who took my teeth out under general anaesthetic was North Street Dental Practice in Lewes.

It's private and so not cheap but I went in with some pain and I left painfree and minus two gnashers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The dentist who took my teeth out under general anaesthetic was North Street Dental Practice in Lewes.

It's private and so not cheap but I went in with some pain and I left painfree and minus two gnashers.
That's food for thought.

Or will be when l can start eating proper food again lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here