Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Whats the latest with regards to his injury?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'm no expert but it seems that the key part of his rehabilitation will be his MENTAL strength and determination. It's a lonely business and whilst he will be given all the help he needs, it will ultimately be down to how much he wants to get back.

This will determine when he comes back I think although he's probably looking at 6 months.

Although it really is poor luck for Owen, I can't help thinking that being paid £100k per week for 6 months whilst you sit at home receiving the best medical care money can provide and play Playstation is not the end of the world.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Lokki 7 said:
Although it really is poor luck for Owen, I can't help thinking that being paid £100k per week for 6 months whilst you sit at home receiving the best medical care money can provide and play Playstation is not the end of the world.

That's kind of my point.

I would imagine that he doesn't really NEED to work again so it's what is in his HEAD that will determine whether or not his rehabilitation is successful.

Hiney said:
That's kind of my point.

I would imagine that he doesn't really NEED to work again so it's what is in his HEAD that will determine whether or not his rehabilitation is successful.

That, or how much he pisses away gambling in the 6 long boring months with nothing else to do but eat cheesey wotsits at home and wank alot.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i think its more the fact that he is out for the season and that has stopped them doing well in the league and cups etc...

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
seagulljaz said:
newcastle are going to sue fifa over it according to the radio
Actually FIFA have an insurance fund against serious injuries at the World Cup, so Newcastle are entitled to that, which FIFA have already stated. Saying they are suing FIFA is taking things a bit too far as that's not really whats going to be happening. The FA have also offered Newcastle insurance compenstation and I think Newcastle had taken out their own insurance policy anyway.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
freddy shepard said that the fifa insurnace was not enough and therefore will take them to court

just newcastle wanting more money

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I bet Real Madrid are well chuffed to be getting their own back on Newcastle after the toon laned them with that crock Woodgate.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
80's Seagull said:
I bet Real Madrid are well chuffed to be getting their own back on Newcastle after the toon laned them with that crock Woodgate.
Did anyone MAKE Real Madrid buy Woodgate?

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
i read in paper he'll be out for 9 months, that is effectively next season too, he'll be able to play for the last 6 matches.

I think it is largely to do with the fact he is returning from injury, being at a relative trough in his fitness level, you're more prone to injuries. I believe both Owen and Rooney have been rushed back into their roles and is another reason to blame Sven if we fail to meet expectations as he did not have adequet cover for unfit players.

Sven also said that Walcott is ready, but did not play him in case we lost to Sweden, surely if him playing is a threat to us winning the group he is not by any means ready?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I actually think he's f***ed now. His career is effectively over. My brother did the same thing to his leg a few years back and he now walks with a slight limp permanently. You never really recover from that.

No disrespect but the type of medical care your brother got will be in no way similar. Newcastle we pay for the very best medical treatment, many players come back from this injury at his age and I bet he does as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here