Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I won't do the 'macho' thing in public on NSC looks to bitchy, I have pm'd you EP.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Like your manager?

LB, a rather unfair dig at our Dougie! Might i remind you that we were 23rd when he came in and he kept us up by 6 clear points! We also kept a record 8 clean sheets in a row at fotress Selhurst. Not a bad first 6 months in management i think you'll agree (if you can take of those BHAFC tinted specs of your's...)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
LB, a rather unfair dig at our Dougie! Might i remind you that we were 23rd when he came in and he kept us up by 6 clear points! We also kept a record 8 clean sheets in a row at fotress Selhurst. Not a bad first 6 months in management i think you'll agree (if you can take of those BHAFC tinted specs of your's...)

Nope, very good that. Not as good as 8 wins from 8 games in March, but good nonetheless.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Nope, very good that. Not as good as 8 wins from 8 games in March, but good nonetheless.

8 wins in a row, i do agree BB, very impressive! But let's see if you can reproduce such form when you're playing the likes of Leeds, West Ham and Birmingham not Brentford, Walsall and Rochdale :thumbsup:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Funnily enough, I don't fancy Leeds or Brum's chances at all this season. I think we'll finish ahead of both of them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
8 wins in a row, i do agree BB, very impressive! But let's see if you can reproduce such form when you're playing the likes of Leeds, West Ham and Birmingham not Brentford, Walsall and Rochdale :thumbsup:

Anyone who saw all (or even most) of those victories is no doubt still scratching their heads as to how we did it, as we never hit top form, but the scorebook says WWWWWWWW and it was an amazing sequence.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Funnily enough, I don't fancy Leeds or Brum's chances at all this season. I think we'll finish ahead of both of them.

Leeds have the fanbase but Bates is so tight with the money they won't invest in players.

Birmingham could go either way.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Why is this thread still open. The last 8 pages are just full of shyte. Palace fans, fook off back to your rusty caravans youve got nothing to say here

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It depends how strong the squad is come the opening weekend. I am expecting it to have been significantly improved in the next few weeks. If it isn't then I will naturally revise my optimism. I will try to remember to pop on and give you my top to bottom prediction before the big kick off. Regarding Leeds and Brum, the former have a wage policy now in place that will ensure they can't operate at the end of the market that even little old BHA are in. As for Brum, it's difficult to see how they are going to challenge with the predicament Carson Yeung finds himself in. It may all happen a little late for them in terms of using the parachute payments on the squad. Chris Hughton looks a firefighting (inexpensive) appointment to me also. People tend to look at the "big names" and make assumptions. Sheff Wed last season were a good example of that in our division. And, of course, management is hugely significant as well as the available funds and I'd not swap Gus...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ep

Is that based on the current look of your squad or assuming a few new arrivals will be joining the Gus Bus?

I am assuming that Gus strengthens the squad. I think we will score goals, given the pace of the front line, but not convinced about our back four. Will be interesting to see how well Bridcutt steps up to CCC opposition next season. He improved exponentially during last season, but might want a bit too much time on the ball than he will be given in this division.

Dicker and Sparrow may find their places in jeopardy, and we need to replace the guile of Kish, who was always two passes ahead of everyone on the pitch last season in his head (but not always his feet).

Lack of pace of fullbacks may be an issue too, as well as height in the centre. Murray was our best defender of set pieces last season, and we will miss his contribution at both ends of the pitch (I appreciate I am in a minority of 1 saying that).

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You are 100% right about Murray and his defensive heading capability. Strangely enough, CM-S will bring his own defensive attributes in his harrying from the front.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I am assuming that Gus strengthens the squad. I think we will score goals, given the pace of the front line, but not convinced about our back four. Will be interesting to see how well Bridcutt steps up to CCC opposition next season. He improved exponentially during last season, but might want a bit too much time on the ball than he will be given in this division.

Dicker and Sparrow may find their places in jeopardy, and we need to replace the guile of Kish, who was always two passes ahead of everyone on the pitch last season in his head (but not always his feet).

Lack of pace of fullbacks may be an issue too, as well as height in the centre. Murray was our best defender of set pieces last season, and we will miss his contribution at both ends of the pitch (I appreciate I am in a minority of 1 saying that).

A very fair assesment. Bennett will also be a big lose for you much like Danns will be for us.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Do you recall a thread where Murray and CM-S were compared, Hans? Was well before CM-S signed for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports