Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Overage junior entry at The Goldstone?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just my luck, I had the reverse happen to me.

I was 15, queuing outside the North stand juniors entrance,when a copper started searching everyone going in . When it got to my turn he told me to turn my pockets out, I had a packet of 10 Number 6,( cigarettes to you youngsters). He asked me how old I was, I told him 15, he said “Right, you’re either 16 and trying to get in on the cheap, or you’re 15 and in illegal possession of a packet of cigarettes, which is it?
I let him keep the fags, but he still refused to let me in the ground. I ended up going on the East stand with no fags.

My mates found it highly amusing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. What a thread title. I feared it might be a new story about Rix :facepalm:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just my luck, I had the reverse happen to me.

I was 15, queuing outside the North stand juniors entrance,when a copper started searching everyone going in . When it got to my turn he told me to turn my pockets out, I had a packet of 10 Number 6,( cigarettes to you youngsters). He asked me how old I was, I told him 15, he said “Right, you’re either 16 and trying to get in on the cheap, or you’re 15 and in illegal possession of a packet of cigarettes, which is it?
I let him keep the fags, but he still refused to let me in the ground. I ended up going on the East stand with no fags.

My mates found it highly amusing.
Haha, unlucky indeed. I just remembered, when I was 15 or 16, I used to hide roll up tobacco in the North Stand bogs, tucking it behind the cistern for easy retrieval in a couple of weeks at the next home game. Didn't think at the time how disgusting that was!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I was just telling a class of year 5s, whilst teaching maths today how I had 2 dates of birth to remember, under 16 for the Goldstone and over 18 for the pub. Strange how that was the only proof required for either. Remember being so drunk a police man helped me through the half turnstile away to Oldham in the mid 80s.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The famous Nigel Erskine went in the U16 until the Goldstone shut and he was 40….. his dad started going in the seniors when he was late 40’s. Brilliant

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Have a mate who always wore his school cap (Whitehawk Sec. Mod.) when entering the Goldstone through the junior entrance, still getting away with it when he was eighteen.

Different times.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Not so much at the Goldstone but recall abusing a family rail card for a few seasons with one of us young adults playing adult with the 3 kids (£1 each) on rotation

Was going to post the exact same lol.

We abused this into our mid 20s anywhere in the south east if i remember correctly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No chance , I looked like Tom Selleck by the age of 12 and still do now apparently :D

You really don't. Mind you, I've not see a tash on thee.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
I broke my leg in 88 so had to use the disabled section at the goldstone as was in a wheelchair ,then onto crutches then a cane ,then a limp would appear every match day for the next four seasons.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not at the Goldstone but I did slip into the Wigan promotion game for free at the Amex. I didn't have a ticket because I wasn't in the country, got to the ground at half time and wandered around looking for a way to buy a ticket. In the end, slipped under the electronic turn-style in the lower west stand.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I broke my leg in 88 so had to use the disabled section at the goldstone as was in a wheelchair ,then onto crutches then a cane ,then a limp would appear every match day for the next four seasons.

I may have sat close to you occasionally. Knackered my knee and was on crutches for while. You just hobbled up to the door and got let in. Free footy. Worked a treat for the sold out Millwall play off semi. Proper Kaiser Soze walking away from the Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here