Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over Rated Managers

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
definatly O'Neil, doesnt seem to really have come through on the promise and expectation.

Redknapp sooo over rated, only got Tottenham into Europe and had them playing well :rolleyes:

100% with you on both of these. O'Neill did really well with Leicester and has been living on it since. I could win the title with Celtic.

As for Redknapp he propogates his own myth of being a "top, top manager" by buddying up with the media so they overlook his piss poor record of one major trophy in 40 years of management.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
100% with you on both of these. O'Neill did really well with Leicester and has been living on it since. I could win the title with Celtic.

As for Redknapp he propogates his own myth of being a "top, top manager" by buddying up with the media so they overlook his piss poor record of one major trophy in 40 years of management.

Much as I despise Redknapp, we would be doing him down if we didn't mention him buying the Football League Championship title the one year that Pompey had (ha!) money and the rest of the league was on its knees thanks to ITV Digital, and I think he won the Fourth Division with Bournemouth once.

But taking that Spurs side to Europe wasn't that special, yes they'd had a crap start but had plenty of class players, and naturally the old shyster bought plenty more.

Redknapp has the media round his little finger because he's always willing to chuck them a soundbite, hence they were all so gutted when Hodgson got the England job.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Alex Ferguson. Anyone can win everything when the referee wants you to.

To win countless trophies at one club over 26 years is a phenomenal record. Fair play United aren't everyones cup of tea, but you cant doubt that he is probably the best manager this country has ever seen and is ever likely to see!

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Alan Pardew,

One decent season at Newcastle last year, apart from that was average at West Ham and was even more wank at Southampton!

To think they've given him an 8 year contract!! Mark my words he will be sacked by this time next year!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Martin Oneil always bottled the big jobs only ever took the jobs with a no loose situation

Always struck me as strange that he left Villa because he thought he had taken them as far as he could... how far exactly can he go with Sunderland - mid-table?! At the time, Villa surely had better long-term potential.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I'm biased as I have a soft spot for Arsenal but I would be interested to know why you think he's overrated? I would agree that recently he's lost his way a bit and has not helped himself with some of the durge he's bought (Gervinho, Chamakh), but I would say, what he has done over 15 years is nothing short of remarkable.

Again, not a criticism of your opinion, I'm just curious to hear your side of it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always struck me as strange that he left Villa because he thought he had taken them as far as he could... how far exactly can he go with Sunderland - mid-table?! At the time, Villa surely had better long-term potential.

I suspect it was more because he'd seen the finances & the way the club was heading, and he didn't want to be associated with the inevitable failure, so he bailed while he still could so as not to be tainted by it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Gus Poyet...

Won promotion with a team containing Elliott Bennett and Glenn Murray and then got rid of them for free or peanuts.

Got lucky with Bridcutt...if Navarro hadn't have done his leg in, Bridcutt would have been a fringe player.

Signed Craig Noone, the best winger in league 1 at the time and then sold him for peanuts...

Made a club record signing and then doesn't play to his strengths...

Sent one of the most promising young England players on loan to Oxford only for him to sit on the bench.

Thinks his top goalscorer for last season and second top scorer for the previous season plays best on the left wing...

Signed a load of Spanish sicknotes who spend half the season in the treatment room...

Gets rid of 3 central defenders, two of which with potential and signs no replacements...

is a one trick pony who can only get his team to play one way...

Constantly bangs on about going for "the right job" coming along in the Premier League so he can leave Brighton but has failed to get a team winning consistently after spending more than any other BHA manager in its history.

Gus Poyets blue and white army!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Mancini, f***ing bizarre tactics.

Has all the money, so just bought players that were top of their game. He hasn't pulled off anything spectacular, the EPL was only just won on goal difference, and he has failed with the champions league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gus Poyet...

Won promotion with a team containing Elliott Bennett and Glenn Murray and then got rid of them for free or peanuts.

Got lucky with Bridcutt...if Navarro hadn't have done his leg in, Bridcutt would have been a fringe player.

Signed Craig Noone, the best winger in league 1 at the time and then sold him for peanuts...

Made a club record signing and then doesn't play to his strengths...

Sent one of the most promising young England players on loan to Oxford only for him to sit on the bench.

Thinks his top goalscorer for last season and second top scorer for the previous season plays best on the left wing...

Signed a load of Spanish sicknotes who spend half the season in the treatment room...

Gets rid of 3 central defenders, two of which with potential and signs no replacements...

is a one trick pony who can only get his team to play one way...

Constantly bangs on about going for "the right job" coming along in the Premier League so he can leave Brighton but has failed to get a team winning consistently after spending more than any other BHA manager in its history.

Gus Poyets blue and white army!

And to top it all improved our league position by around 30 odd places. Really could do better ! :lolol:

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Paul Ince, Paul Lambert, Steve Bruce, Sven Goran-Eriksson, Steve Cotterill- don't know if anyone actually rates these to be fair, this is more just a list of crap managers.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Sam Allardyce - all his teams play the same way. Hoofball.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mancini, f***ing bizarre tactics.

Has all the money, so just bought players that were top of their game. He hasn't pulled off anything spectacular, the EPL was only just won on goal difference, and he has failed with the champions league.

And i dont know WHY he persists with BALOTELLI.

I KNOW it's easy to pick him out....but it's not as if he is a footballing genius with the occassional issue. I have never been blown away by ANYTHING he's done on a football pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here