Over 4,000 empty seats?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I<3joehart89

Feb 10, 2012
anyone thought that it might be the travelling that puts people off?!? Some people have to wait in traffic for up to 1 hour to get to the amex either being dropped off or by P&R... Oh wait it gets even better next season there are going to be another 9000 people trying to get to the ground! Make that an 1 n half hour journey from Hove to Brghton for a midweek game with 30000 people trying to get to the ground and then those who are trying to get home. Think you might find that the crowds will always be around 18000 or less for midweek unless they build a half decent car park on one of them cow fields near the ground. The only reason I went was because I got a free ticket.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
anyone thought that it might be the travelling that puts people off?!? Some people have to wait in traffic for up to 1 hour to get to the amex either being dropped off or by P&R... Oh wait it gets even better next season there are going to be another 9000 people trying to get to the ground! Make that an 1 n half hour journey from Hove to Brghton for a midweek game with 30000 people trying to get to the ground and then those who are trying to get home. Think you might find that the crowds will always be around 18000 or less for midweek unless they build a half decent car park on one of them cow fields near the ground. The only reason I went was because I got a free ticket.

Joe+Hart+Manchester+City+v+Juventus+FC+UEFA+eQYp46gg1aNl.jpg

:wanker:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Don't worry Citeh are on the telly box tonight so your longest journey will be to reach for the remote. I hope your next free ticket is a long, long, long time in the future.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
The 900 tickets returned by Derby for the South Stand - did the Club do enough to advertise these to our fans ? I was only made aware of them by NSC thread.

I note we have over 3,000 on the waiting list for season tickets. I assume the Albion have e-mail contact details for these people and hopefully they were made aware of these extra tickets. I recognise the reason for putting an Adult ticket in the South and South East corner at £30 put perhaps on late returns from opposition the price could be dropped to £20.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I sometimes have an empty seat in the Family Stand because whilst I have three kids that share coming with me it is not always convenient for any of them to come with me due to other commitments or simply the fact that 10.30/11pm is late to bed in the week.

I have asked the ticket office if I can pay to upgrade to an adult ticket for evening matches but I have been told I am not allowed to do this in the Family Stand. I think the club are missing an opportunity here. I think you should be allowed to upgrade your ticket for evening games. That way the club will have some extra revenue and there would be fewer empty seats.

I'm not trying to cheat the club by sneaking an adult in on a childs ticket or trying to get a cheap season ticket which I then always upgrade to an adult ticket. Even if they allowed me to do it say five times each season would help. Last night there were lots of empty seats around me.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's quite frustrating being a fan who couldn't afford a season ticket and can't seem to get hold of a ticket before they "sell out" to not be able to go to the games and then read on here the following day about thousands of empty seats. I would have quite happily sat my arse down in one of those seats last night.

Still, won't be an issue next season as I'll be getting my season ticket. The extra work is a bastard but the promotion has given me a bit more cash!

I had an idea about the travel thing as well: Why doesn't the club buy four or five double decker buses, kit them out in the stripes and have them running to and from the ground for an hour or so before and after the game? No need to pay, just show your match ticket and off you go.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I'm pretty sure that when I looked a week or so back it was shown as sold out. I find it odd that I get frequent emails from the club about lottery tickets and the shop but never about tickets being available.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
pay on the gate will never happen as one day you would get thousands locked outside eager to get in..........a bad recipe.

shame.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
1,700 Albion 'fans' didn't bother to attend on a very convenient afternoon kick off vs Southampton on the 3rd Jan.

I assume that over time, the plastics who jumped on the bandwagon in Spring 2011, will allow their s/tickets to lapse, and allow the nucleus of hardcore fans to grow.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I had an idea about the travel thing as well: Why doesn't the club buy four or five double decker buses, kit them out in the stripes and have them running to and from the ground for an hour or so before and after the game? No need to pay, just show your match ticket and off you go.

great idea.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's quite frustrating being a fan who couldn't afford a season ticket and can't seem to get hold of a ticket before they "sell out" to not be able to go to the games and then read on here the following day about thousands of empty seats. I would have quite happily sat my arse down in one of those seats last night.

Still, won't be an issue next season as I'll be getting my season ticket. The extra work is a bastard but the promotion has given me a bit more cash!

Almost without fail, there are tickets available on NSC. Have you ever tried contacting some of these?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports