Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our shitty defense

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
The only match I have been able to see this season was Southend away, and I must admit that Hawkins did seem to be a wee bit rubbish.
I dread to think what the result against Leeds will be if Cheltenham can score 3 times against us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glenn Murray scores three and the defence falls apart yet again, delighted I don't have to watch this shit, it's painful enough listening on the radio.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thing i don't get is why is that lad with pace from preston stuck on the bench?was is the point in loaning him when thats what we need on the wings pace.

relegation is near and the tactics are all wrong,just feel sorry for murray as was a superb hatrick:censored:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bringing on Anyinsah for the last 5 minutes would have meant Cheltenham would have had to play defensively for the remainder of the match.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
anybody else think that virgo should be playin centre half instead of hawkins?

Yes but then again I would have always picked Joel Lynch ahead of Hawkins! He wasn't released by Coventry for no reason!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
hawkins was not that bad today, well i didnt think so, depends if you went to the game.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
hawkins was not that bad today, well i didnt think so, depends if you went to the game.

Agreed, but there's obviously something wrong with the defence, which just makes putting our best centre-back on the right wing seem ridiculous. I can't see why Hawkins was brought back after the Virgo/Elphick partnership looked so good against City.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The fact is that we had SIX defenders on the pitch for the second game running and we STILL conceded a sloppy goal in the 4th min of injury time!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not just the defense but both Nicky and Robbie took the ball to the corner flag at the end of the game. We should be chasing the goal to kill the game off.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem today was between the post Kuipers who could have done a lot better with all of their goals.

What we needed was either Ayinsah or Cox brought on instead of Fraser and then taken the ball down to no mans land and killed the game off.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The problem today was between the post Kuipers who could have done a lot better with all of their goals.

Defenders should have cleared the first cross leading to the gaol, and the long range one before half time not one player chose to close him down outside the box.

Agree with bringing on the attack minded players, best form of defense...

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

What we needed was either Ayinsah or Cox brought on instead of Fraser and then taken the ball down to no mans land and killed the game off.

Whingy caught out again today, BG. When will Adams see the light, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here