Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our season so far - has it met your expectations?

Is 16th place at New Year about what you expected, better or worse?

• Total voters

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I expected us to finish lower mid-table so yes. However, the way we are playing we won't stay there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very alarmed at the downward drift and lack of any kind of joined-up thinking beyond the halfway line. Doesn't look great for the second half of the season, has to be said.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's not our place in the table on Dec 31 that bothers me it's the way we're playing + injuries + suspensions. All worrying but I'm sure we'll be fine ... keeping the faith

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I'm in the 'disappointed' camp. However, the margins between success and failure are thin and even after 4 consecutive losses we're still only a couple of wins from being in playoff contention.

I do think there have been a number of misjudgements on players, notably the failure to see the need to get a goalkeeper and a fullback(s). CMS also, on balance, a disappointment at £2.5m. But I'm sure Gus will learn from this season and we'll come back stronger in 2012/13 (assuming we win the relegation scrap)!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I didn't expect us to be in the playoffs but our alarming downward trend since the bright start we made (16 points in 6 games vs 16 points in 17 games) is really concerning. I thought we would be lower mid-table and may well still be right but there are many things that now need putting right and from a distance it just feels as though Gus doesn't know what to do about it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I expected us to be slightly higher in the league at this stage but the Championship is a strong league and at least we're well clear of the relegation zone at the moment.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
kind of expected a season where we could go from flirting with play offs, to getting worryingly low, or just hanging around mid table, and think it will stay like that. won't look like going up, but won't look seriously like going down either. couple of additions and players back in new year, should be a comfortable end to the season with plenty to build on for next year...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here