Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It is frustrating, that's for sure.

I must admit I saw the big benefit of earning promotion from the Championship early doors was that we would have a significant advantage in cracking on with recruitment.

Oh well :(

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No decent forwards want to come here so we are having to pay through the nose after everyone else has had their pick. :wink:

But why don't they want to come here?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
#value

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
19 May Gross signed
16 June Ryan signed
13 July Suttner signed
7 August Propper signed

Well those 4 were signed late in the day.

Izquierdo delayed due to work permit and international clearance
Dwamena waiting work permit * update failed medical

What is the OP expecting 83 players signed by 31 May

Where we have been able to get deals done we have as early as possible, but can not be blamed if other teams hijack deals and offer far more money which would upset our pay structure.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What a c@@t.

BN1Matty

Aug 19, 2017
19 May Gross signed
16 June Ryan signed
13 July Suttner signed
7 August Propper signed

Dwamena waiting work permit

Where we have been able to get deals done we have as early as possible, but can not be blamed if other teams hijack deals and offer far more money which would upset our pay structure.

Fair point it wasn't a dig at the club or personnel. Just keen on getting other fans ideas

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People on here whinged when nearly every pundit had us relegated. We have the worse forward line in the Premier league AND BY SOME DISTANCE.
Selling us short there, Spence, you could have legitimately gone with:-

EVER.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I personally believe the clubs recruitment team have bought in some good players, they have also bought in some shockers. But that's not my point.

Why haven't we completed all our business, look at Huddersfield business complete two results. We are bringing in big signings to late in my opinion and it will be extremely hard for them to bed into the team.

Huddersfield haven't completed their business and nor has anyone else. Why are you holding Albion up to a standard that nobody meets ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
19 May Gross signed
16 June Ryan signed
13 July Suttner signed
7 August Propper signed

Dwamena waiting work permit * update failed medical

Double thumbs up.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I personally believe the clubs recruitment team have bought in some good players, they have also bought in some shockers. But that's not my point.

Why haven't we completed all our business, look at Huddersfield business complete two results. We are bringing in big signings to late in my opinion and it will be extremely hard for them to bed into the team.

Stop panicking you big girls blouse, every season is a marathon not a sprint. I bet your a right bundle of fun in the pre-christmas week.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I think they do it to piss people like you off ???

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Why is it so difficult to understand? Are people genuinely struggling with the concept? Even if we were prepared to offered 100k a week and upset the wage structure and balance of our entire squad, why would any player sign that deal early in the windows when he can hold out and squeeze 110k out of a different club? I don't see why people don't get it. It's not a difficult concept. Player power is everything and the club work incredibly hard to get deals over the line, only to get shafted by the player...see Lewis Grabban and Alex Pritchard for reference. Not having a perfect squad assembled early and on the cheap is not for the want of trying.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Great isn't it ?

One of the first clubs in the UK to gain promotion therefor we should have been ready for the transfer window to open but we are not. Two defeats, no goals and spunking our Premier league fortune all on overseas gambles.

Are people really that happy so far in what the club has done ? Ignoring [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] it's been a pathetic summer.

People on here whinged when nearly every pundit had us relegated. We have the worse forward line in the Premier league AND BY SOME DISTANCE.

I've never used the ignore button before, but there it goes 'click'.

I want to enjoy my first season in the premier league and you're making it miserable

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Who'd of thought we were promoted in April always Brighton two players failing a medical in one window lol never heard of that before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here