Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our points total - More or less than we deserve?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It is what it is, we are where we are.

cbe56b2425c592983a82b437c62e340743cbdbf0.gifv

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think we’re at about right. We have 1.5 strikers, so it is logical that we won’t always win games where we’re on top.

Against Palace we finished the game with Welbeck, Trossard, Maupay on the pitch and didn't win the game whilst being on top..

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It is fantastic to be difficult to beat but we have regularly created enough chances to win some of those draws and it feels like several scenarios when we have dropped points in a game. Our undoing may be the inability to deal with the parked bus, we have not been able to beat Newcastle, Norwich & Leeds this season and those additional 6 points would have changed things drastically and also stopped our long winless run from happening. Many of those 'Points Gained' are from matches where we have scored late goals having piled on plenty of pressure, the sort of things that top sides do regularly. There have certainly been more results that I have been disappointed were not wins rather than thankful they were not defeats and from that feeling alone I'd say we currently have less than we deserve

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Against Palace we finished the game with Welbeck, Trossard, Maupay on the pitch and didn't win the game whilst being on top..

Trossard isn’t a striker - we saw in the games with him up top that he doesn’t take up striker’s positions when the ball comes into the box. Not his fault, it was case of extreme need.

There were plenty of examples of games (the 11 match run without winning) where we only had 0/1 available strikers.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I really don't get where this idea we didn't deserve anything at Selhurst comes from. Apart from a couple of routine saves and a fortunate mess up by Ayew we limited Palace to scraps. They even had to take their best player off as he was largely doing nothing apart from being involved in the penalty. OK it was a late equaliser but that was as much as we deserved for a very, very solid away performance. And the statistics show that up in every sense

Spot on. It was a very even game and a draw was a fair result. Maybe the perception that we were lucky in that game comes from the fact that we didn’t completely outclass them like the other 5 meetings since Potter took charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here