Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Players Diving !

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What's more concerning to me is that the opposition seem to be able to make foul after foul against us, breaking up play, before they pick up a yellow. I'm thinking Sarabea yesterday.
Fati and Enciso were frequently dumped on the ground...maybe not a studs follow through but still taken out.
There's something in this.

I wonder if you looked at bookings / red cards per foul this season, I bet we're the team who have committed the fewest fouls per card

We're normally the only team trying to play, whereas the oppo, whoever they are always slowing the game down with fouls. Even at City away we don't do this to anywhere the degree of other teams.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The officials have a role to play in this as we have seen countless times if you stay on your feet or don’t do these theatrics the offending players are just not punished. Enciso popped up after he was clattered shortly after coming on yesterday and no yellow was given but if he had stayed down clutching his leg the ref would get a card out.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The officials have a role to play in this as we have seen countless times if you stay on your feet or don’t do these theatrics the offending players are just not punished. Enciso popped up after he was clattered shortly after coming on yesterday and no yellow was given but if he had stayed down clutching his leg the ref would get a card out.
There is some truth in this... shouldn't be, but there is.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Any mention of Lallana’s dive on Saturday (worst I’ve seen live)?

I'd even argue that Facundo isn't diving. He's being fouled and making a meal out of it. As the BBC commentary noted last night, he's back up every time, almost immediately, trying to get on with it.
Totally untrue. He stays down and leaves us a player short if he doesn’t get the foul.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Really doesn't bother me anymore.

The more Buananotte does it the less impact it has. He will grow out of it.

I find it very amusing when fans and managers of other teams, Moan about us doing it , completely ignoring the fact their own players are doing it throughout the game.

Yes , Sheffield United I'm looking at you

They all do it but buananotte does it constantly. It’s pathetic.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Totally untrue. He stays down and leaves us a player short if he doesn’t get the foul.
Which part is totally untrue? That he's being fouled and makes a meal of it? That the BBC commentary team noted that he does this but gets back up and involved? or that Lallana committed the most egregious dive against Everton (that I noticed you didn't make a thread about)?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don’t blame Buonanotte for doing it, last night and most weeks he, like most players like him, get absolutely battered by defenders who get away with it as we’re really not great at protecting skillful, talented players in this country.

I don’t like the fact that in this country that it’s fair game for defenders to rough up attackers and do things that are not within the rules and then when clever attackers get their own back with a little bit of playacting, there’s a lot of pearl clutching.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is it really that big a deal?

And if we're happy to watch these talented South American players week in week out then you will have to accept it as it is very much part of the culture they grow up in. And to be honest is now embedded in youth football in this country.
Exactly …still easy to have another moan and groan after a defeat.

Most teams have at least one player who has this habit…..then you have others like the Fulham one down here earlier in the season that had plenty …..shrug

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If a player rolls around after not being fouled, I think it's embarrassing.

I don't think Facu is particularly guilty of this.
He does like a roll around after a foul though, as does Enciso, and most of our younger players.
Often the foul isn't given as it's seen as the opponent being "too strong" for him.

As long as it's calling the ref's attention to a genuine infringement I have no issue with it.
Grealish, and Zaha built careers around it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is it really that big a deal?

And if we're happy to watch these talented South American players week in week out then you will have to accept it as it is very much part of the culture they grow up in. And to be honest is now embedded in youth football in this country.
Thin. End. Of. Wedge.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I don’t blame Buonanotte for doing it, last night and most weeks he, like most players like him, get absolutely battered by defenders who get away with it as we’re really not great at protecting skillful, talented players in this country.

I don’t like the fact that in this country that it’s fair game for defenders to rough up attackers and do things that are not within the rules and then when clever attackers get their own back with a little bit of playacting, there’s a lot of pearl clutching.
I blame buonanotte 100% for diving. Is it a lookalike ?

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Any mention of Lallana’s dive on Saturday (worst I’ve seen live)?

I'd even argue that Facundo isn't diving. He's being fouled and making a meal out of it. As the BBC commentary noted last night, he's back up every time, almost immediately, trying to get on with it.
It’s the “id even argue facundo isn’t diving” bit that’s a lie. He’s diving and it’s embrassing. Holding his face, his leg and any other part of his body. He’s cheating. So are loads of other players and I hate it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here