Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I voted to leave the EU. I fully expect the government and it's leader to fulfil mine, and 18 million others referendum wishes. May has now been chosen to be that leader. Get on with it and come 2020 I will vote accordingly as to whether I feel if my wishes have been fulfilled.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

18m? I know people round up figures but adding 589,258 plus your own vote to the total is probably a bit too much

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of these links. Is it to show that she was really a Brexiter in Remainers clothing? Or that ideologically she fits the bill in terms of actually delivering what the country voted for? Both are valid points but there remains a massive irony in the way things are panning out.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Sorry I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of these links. Is it to show that she was really a Brexiter in Remainers clothing? Or that ideologically she fits the bill in terms of actually delivering what the country voted for? Both are valid points but there remains a massive irony in the way things are panning out.

True, the leave spearhead campaigners have all fallen by the side of the road. It's amazing that they won the vote, then realised they have no clue how to move forward and didn't want to deal with the fallout. Those that did, we're toppled by blunders. Gove and Leadsome have exposed themselves as idiots and anyone that didn't know before, now knows that Boris isn't a shrewd operator.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
God's speed to you Mrs May. First time I've looked at anyone who does that job and felt sorry for them.......

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
At the end of the day with most Tory ministers being in the Remain camp then without those not standing i doubt whether a Brexit MP would have got the votes for PM.
May was probably the favourite anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Exactly... The point i probably didn't highlight well...

People didn't like the fact that the EU officials were not democratically voted by us however they were by elected MEP's which is basically the same way as Theresa May, who is now leading the country..

You cannot class the first method as undemocratic and yet the other is??

EU commissioners are not elected by MEPs, they are appointed by government leaders and approved by the MEPs on an all or none basis. thats not what happens in our party leadership elections. our democracy process has flaws, if you made that point and left it you'd have a good point, you didnt so you dont. its no use playing democracy top trumps as EU will always lose as it is more deficient in every way.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So he's not competent enough to get himself on the shortlist, but he's our saviour. Thank the lord.

His legacy isn't all bad. He stopped Johnson from taking the top job.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At the end of the day with most Tory ministers being in the Remain camp then without those not standing i doubt whether a Brexit MP would have got the votes for PM.
May was probably the favourite anyway.

Well to be fair, with 75 per cent of those elected to run the country being remain it was always likely to be problematical finding someone

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well to be fair, with 75 per cent of those elected to run the country being remain it was always likely to be problematical finding someone

Finding someone and getting the votes when about 75% would vote for a Remainer. Shows really how out of touch the MP's are with their public, or shall we just say they are both singing from different hymn sheets.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Exactly... The point i probably didn't highlight well...

People didn't like the fact that the EU officials were not democratically voted by us however they were by elected MEP's which is basically the same way as Theresa May, who is now leading the country..

You cannot class the first method as undemocratic and yet the other is??
[MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] Awkward

It's not the same. Your analogy might be a bit closer if Nigel Farage had just become Prime Minister.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Finding someone and getting the votes when about 75% would vote for a Remainer. Shows really how out of touch the MP's are with their public, Kippor shall we just say they are both singing from different hymn sheets.

Promise my last post, dinner and family waiting, but who should lead us out ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can i just say i happen to like the thread title a lot..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lets hope she has realised that the majority of voters wanted to Leave the EU not Remain, and she listens to the people and their concerns which brought about the result of this referendum.

I'm sure you will realise this, but she also need to be aware its the remainers that contribute the majority of the revenue for her coffers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here