Our new Manager - any news? (not views!)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
There are a lot of posts about who the new manager should or should not be, or the qualities needed. However, there does not seem to be any "leaks" about who Dick Knight is/has been talking to about the position.

Does anyone have any news?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yes someone holding it back aren't they:dunce:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
From today's Times:

Brighton, top of the second division, yesterday dismissed speculation that Paul Merson, the Walsall captain, is set to become their player-manager. While contenders may include Adams, the former England captain, and Gary Johnson, who has led Yeovil Town into the Nationwide League, Steve Cotterill, 39, the former Sunderland No 2 and Cheltenham Town and Stoke City manager, is the favourite to succeed Coppell.

Cotterill gained popularity at Brighton when he played on loan from Wimbledon in 1992 and yesterday he turned down the opportunity to take over at Tranmere Rovers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
jonnyboylennon said:
In the Argus it says Dick has interviwed RIX for the position before.

Naylor reckons Cotterill, Rix, Dowie, Neale Barry and Stuart Gray.

At least two of those are utter bollocks. So there you go.

Don't you mean Neale Cooper?

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Mullers said:
From today's Times:
Cotterill gained popularity at Brighton when he played on loan from Wimbledon in 1992 and yesterday he turned down the opportunity to take over at Tranmere Rovers.

Good argument.

Could Cotterill be the next Albion manager?

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
It will be Cotterill, I can see it now can you imagine trying to explain it to the wife....
so the new manager is Steve Cotterill, wasnt he you old manager? No that was Steve Coppell - oh fuckin hell.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
From what i've heard,who ever it is,will be in tomorrow as the players have been told to go to the ground on Fri.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Don Tmatter said:
From what i've heard,who ever it is,will be in tomorrow as the players have been told to go to the ground on Fri.
the players always train at Withdean on Friday's. It's a routine that was introduced by Steve Coppell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports