Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Mum Floss

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that people will not think this wrong of me to put this on a public message board but I know that a lot of people who knew her read this and it is the easiest way of telling people.

Floss, mine and John's mum, who worked at many pubs in Worthing but mostly remembered for her 30+ years at The George passed away this morning at St Barnabas House.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry to hear that.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
My sincere condolences to the family, Floss was quite simply the best barmaid ever, who even told me once when I fancied a pint of lager instead of my normal bitter ' dont be silly Kev, you drink bitter' and continued to pour my normal tipple, lovely person and damn efficient, you never waited for a beer in The George even when it was packed and it often was in its hey day. I will have a drink for her tonight

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
I knew Floss all my life and I have a tear in my eye as I write this. She was the most wonderful woman I have ever known and the world will be a sadder place without her, God bless.

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Sorry to hear about your mum. I knew her when she worked in The George for many years with Roy as the Landlord.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sincere condolences to you and your family, BensGrandad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here