Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our greatest performance ever

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh I just can’t be bothered to go through this again….because you have simply ignored everything I said about that being at additional comment to the original match report and are clearly just spoiling for a row so I’m signing off. Adios and good riddance.
Er, OK....

You only have to have a quick look through the whole story to realise its not structured to be a 'Fack me, weren't Brighton AMAZING?!' in the first part. It's a more factual report of how the game went.

Of COURSE they are going to mention the title race. If you want to direct your anger on that front, send it to Sky Sports that kept on and on and on laboring the same point.

'Good riddance' :lolol: What are you? A teenager?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Oh I just can’t be bothered to go through this again….because you have simply ignored everything I said about that being at additional comment to the original match report and are clearly just spoiling for a row so I’m signing off. Adios and good riddance.
This is most bizarre anger. I hope you manage to get over the massive disappointment of a news item not being to your liking and are able to enjoy the 3-0 victory over the Arse at some point.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I don't think it's even in the top five. I just think Albion went there, stuck to the plan, and did a job on them.

I'd say this might have been RDZ best match, because he out thought Arteta.
Very true. First half both teams made too many mistakes. And I don't mean the hairy scary passes from the back. I mean the simple ones in the middle of the park or Gross booting a pass out for a corner in the first few mins. I was watching thinking "Albion can play better than this", like I did when we played in the FA Cup. Conversely, when we played Brentford at the Amex, even when we were losing at moments in the first half I thought "we're at our best here".

We dug in though, which was the most satisfying. RDZ stifled Arteta's game, which surprised me that we were able to do so. Enciso's goal changed the dynamics of the second half and after that we controlled it with such a mature performance. So satisfying to kill it off the way we did.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would hope Pep and the guys will give us an easy ride after we gifted them the title today. Maybe rest Haaland, particularly if they get to the CL final
Yes please, then beat Southampton and go to Villa Park guaranteed to finish 6th. - and if a draw there would give Villa 7th. place over Spurs .................. well, would the ball need to go too far from the centre circle? :whistle:

Palacebob

Jan 22, 2023
This is most bizarre anger. I hope you manage to get over the massive disappointment of a news item not being to your liking and are able to enjoy the 3-0 victory over the Arse at some point.
Crikey, there's no pleasing some people. Fair play to you lot today, totally deserved, had them on the back foot pretty much the whole game. Smashed it. I knew you fuckers would turn it around after that Everton performance. What was different?
I remember walking away from Selhurst Park around 6 seasons ago after doing them 3-0. I was on top of the world for days. They were shit then as well. I think (maybe wrong) it was our first league win vs them for 30 odd years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Best second half I’ve ever seen us play certainly.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
We have just taken a top six side apart on their own patch. Yes OK we have some memorable wins in the past, but nothing comes close to this. The Spuds game should have been 4-1 to us, sadly the outcome was, shall we say, decided elsewhere, so today is doubly sweet.

Probably the best away result I have seen this club produce. Days of 3-0 defeats to Bury and Chester City seem deep in the past.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Happy to stay under the radar. I'd rather we kept winning (and eventually winning trophies) than being bigged-up by a nobber.

Besides, we will be selling shirts in Japan and Argentina (and even Germany if Deniz keeps being the new Gerd Muller - doing f*** all, with no pace, and scoring worldies) and money will be flowing into the coffers. :thumbsup:

It's the Brighton way.
Bigger up by a nobber?

Not for me thanks

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unreal - been feeling pretty glass half empty re chances of reaching Europe after Monday, but wow, how did I doubt these lads and RDZ in terms of bouncing back today. Just incredible
I said to Mrs DiS before the match “I wouldn’t be surprised to see us win, but I don’t think we will”.

but Wow! Just wow! The second half was a masterclass…….. in managerial celebrations as much as anything else.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
BBC reporting once again dredging the depths of hopelessness and bias.

A simply epic performance by a smaller club against one the champions-elect. On their home turf, by three goals.

And yet, Neil Johnston fails to even ONCE to pay tribute to the Albion’s breathtaking performance, instead focusing his entire report on Arsenal’s misery and failing.

Just how much longer must we endure this dross from the BBC? He is hardly a lone wolf when it comes to dismissing the credibility and achievement of our club.

Ignorance, stupidity or big club blinkers? Anyone??!
Try watching last night‘s MOTD!
Brighton were brilliant. Caicedo is such an intelligent player! The courage to stick to playing out from the back.!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I only started watching after about 40 mins - we were hanging on at the end of the first half (which is understandable) and in the second half I was too busy dying inside to either enjoy it properly, or objectively. But I didn't notice us being particularly brilliant. The result, yes definitely - but was the performance really one of our best?
I was sitting there amazed that in the second half we seemed to be totally dominant. We played some terrific stuff.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Our next four games are season defining
As are to a degree the three VAR apology games, but let’s take the positives, as Questions asks, our greatest ever performance ?

One of them certainly, but there’s a few others that spring to mind, the demolition of United‘s Ronaldo is still a personal favourite.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
As are to a degree the three VAR apology games, but let’s take the positives, as Questions asks, our greatest ever performance ?

One of them certainly, but there’s a few others that spring to mind, the demolition of United‘s Ronaldo is still a personal favourite.
agreed and I also loved the Chelsea demolition when Potter & Cucu came back to the Amex - that was some atmosphere

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
We were incredible in the second half but I think we played better at Chelsea and at home in the league to Liverpool, albeit against weaker opponents. Although Arsenal were poor yesterday

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Chelsea away was our best away performance - full stop. Yesterday was brilliant too, but Chelsea we were on another planet

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
To think, that putting 6 past Wolves, stuffing Leicester with a wondergoal disallowed doesn't even make the conversation!

I'd personally pick out Liverpool at home, but I can see Spurs away, Chelsea at home or yesterday being just as valid opinions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here