Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Club. Let's be Heard

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
From what I've seen of O'Grady I would have to agree BUT he scored 15 last season for a team which were relegated. We haven't had a striker score 15 in the league since we got promoted. So that leads me to think its us & not him, I'm struggling to think of many, if any, absolute sitters he's missed. Perhaps we've bought a striker who just doesn't suit our style of play, again.

I don't think it's us.

There was a ball played by McCourt in the second half on Saturday, right across the six yard box.

COG stood and watched it go past him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't want someone learning their trade and making inevitable mistakes at the Albion. Get it wrong and we're in League One. As I said above, far too big a risk to be pissing about with oddball partnerships like it's some Hollywood cop movie.

This.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
SH had a time in Germany so not a complete novice learning the ropes and an experienced man might open his eyes to other options like changing the formation that he is set on or getting the best from our strikers unless of course TB is going to buy 3 or 4 players in January.

But why is that better than sacking Sami and appointing an experienced manager? All your suggestion will do is create tension between the inexperienced manager and his over-qualified assistant.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But why is that better than sacking Sami and appointing an experienced manager? All your suggestion will do is create tension between the inexperienced manager and his over-qualified assistant.
We may be able to utilise the players we have better as a new manager would want to bring in players of his choice, Can we/TB afford that.?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We may be able to utilise the players we have better as a new manager would want to bring in players of his choice, Can we/TB afford that.?

Personally, I believe/hope Tony will realise that he will be throwing (yet more) good money after bad if he perseveres with our current manager beyond the end of Nov. If Sami is gone by then, the new manager will be able to assess the squad in Dec, ready for the inevitable 'tweaking' in the Jan transfer window.

Tony has very little choice now... persevering with Sami for too much longer could easily leave us joining Blackpool in the basket-case no-hoper category. Look at it this way, can the club afford not to invest in the squad and get relegated? Would you trust the 'magical' Burke / Sami dream-team with your money to get things right with the squad / on the pitch? Personally, I would cut my losses, and soon.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
BensGrandad has made some interesting points. Curbs could be the answer but I'm afraid Mullers, legend that he is, is Yesterday's Man in this debate. And no, we don't know what the real situation is between the manager and Jonah. I rightly regard NJ as an Albion legend too, but this status from long, long ago does not mean that anyone, including all those mentioned in this thread, is guaranteed to help us improve on the pitch with the players, especially the strikers, we've got.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sure? I'll ask my dementia riddled grandfather that when I next see him.

I have seen no signs of dementia, which is a sad illness, in any that I have mentioned, nor me I might add. The simple answer what would it cost, not a lot I wouldnt think and may work if not get shot with SH in January window. Obviously it is all dependant on SH ageeing.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BensGrandad has made some interesting points. Curbs could be the answer but I'm afraid Mullers, legend that he is, is Yesterday's Man in this debate. And no, we don't know what the real situation is between the manager and Jonah. I rightly regard NJ as an Albion legend too, but this status from long, long ago does not mean that anyone, including all those mentioned in this thread, is guaranteed to help us improve on the pitch with the players, especially the strikers, we've got.

I've seen a few people on here refer to Nathan Jones as 'an Albion legend'. Can somebody explain what it is that makes him a legend? Shagging Hells Bells doesn't count.

Seriously-am I missing something about Jones' s time here as a player?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
It's true that Oscar wanted to take Jones to Watford with him, Probably as there are not that many English coaches who can speak fluent Spanish so he would always be handy in a situation like that; English club, Spanish management team = go between. but what is blatant for me was he was always the cheap, quick fix after Lee ran to Southampton and no other names mentioned would come. I seem to remember some German coach turned it down for family reasons etc. I believe most if not all managers have at least one person who they can trust 100%, who friendship and loyalty having been won over years, usually side by side on the pitch, someone to share the load. As I write this I am thinking of Brian Clough / Peter Taylor, Sir matt Busby / Jimmy Murphy just a pinch of the most famous ones. And if anyone thinks these people would be lost in the modern game, well maybe with the bullshit that surrounds it, the press conference, the photo shoot with sponsors, the multi millionaire players etc but never with the things that matter, it's the training ground and the 90 minutes that ultimately count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here