Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best England 11

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Forget injuries, who are the best 11 English players ?

What would be your starting 11 ?

Hart

Cole
Terry
Lescott
G Johnson

A Johnson
Barry
Wiltshire
Walcott

Rooney
Carroll

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Forget injuries, who are the best 11 English players ?

What would be your starting 11 ?

Hart

Cole
Terry
Lescott
G Johnson

A Johnson
Barry
Wiltshire
Walcott

Rooney
Carroll

So you've left out our best midfielder in the tournament.

Back four and keeper pick themselves now as the have been immense throughout the tournament. It's when you get further up the field it's tricky we were certainly overrun in midfield so we need to consider 4-5-1

I would go with Parker Gerrard and Wiltshire in central midfield with Adam Johnson and maybe Oxlade Chamberlain on the wings. Rooney upfront on his own but the formation would give Gerrard more of a license to get forward.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tell me why Rooney is automatic? That's 2 poor tournaments in a row. One tournament goal since 2004. Real quality like Ronaldo, Klose, Iniesta are consistently good. That's the benchmark.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hart
Richards Cahill Lescott Gibbs
Wilshere Rodwell
Young Chamberlain Johnson
Welbeck​

That's the team to WIN [SIZE="-100"](a couple of games at)[/SIZE] the Brazil World Cup.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Hart
2. Walker
3. Cole
4. Terry
5. Lescott
6. Parker
7. Gerrard
8. Wilshere
9. Carroll.
10.Oxlade-chamberlain.
11.Walcott.

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
have you been in a shed for the past three weeks?

They might have played bad in the tournament but would still get them a chance. Although Chamberlain would be close to starting however Rooney is our best striker option at the moment. If Carroll and Welbeck impress for their clubs then I would bring them in and if we was to control the game then we would get more out of them players.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Please. It's time to move on from Gareth Barry, Scary as it might sound I'd rather give Jordan Henderson a few more games to show what he might do. Didn't he get rave reviews for his performances in the U-21s? We have to prepare for the post-Gerrard/Lampard/Barry/Parker era.

It's pity that Jack Wilshere and Kyle Walker were injured. Glen Johnson was one of our more consistent players at the Euros but Walker will be a handy alternative.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1. Hart
2. Walker
3. Cole
4. Terry
5. Lescott
6. Parker
7. Gerrard
8. Wilshere
9. Carroll.
10.Oxlade-chamberlain.
11.Walcott.

Is Andy Carroll really better than Wayne Rooney?

Approaching 30 International goals in about 80 games is a decent record and despite playing like dog shit tonight he is still our best forward and anyone who doesn't pick him in their eleven is being far too reactionary.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well we did better in our first two matches without Rooney than with him. I believe Carroll will get better for Liverpool and England. People thought Crouch was a joke at first, but they don't 20 goals later.

He won all his headers against a quality Italian defence and he tackled back manfully. Yes, as a manager I'd use him. If your wide men aren't the best crossers then his greater range will compensate for their lack of accuracy.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Yes the energy and turn of pace that Barry demonstrated at the last WC was so clearly missing in this team. Totally out of his depth then and wouldn't have made a difference tonight. Time to move on.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Hart
Walker - Jones - Terry - Cole
Rodwell - Parker
Oxlade-Chamberlain - Gerrard - Wilshere
Rooney

Goalkeeper speaks for himself as there is no-one better at this moment
Defence will be different from the Euro's, Walker if not for the toe injury would have been in the squad and i feel over the next couple years you will see more young players get brought into the squad
Midfield was a tough one as there are some players who can still force there way in
Forward i know Rooney has had a bad couple tournaments but so has Messi but he would still be one the first names on the team sheet along with Ronaldo for Portugal, but we have some great young players who will be in there as our future by 2016

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Young and Rooney are dogshit. Benchwarmers at best but, unfortunately, they are never at their best for England so dump them for good and don't FFS bring Carroll in for Rooney.
Young gets another 4 out of 10
Rooney gets another 5.

We should play 5-3-2 as that'll give us more strength in the middle where we get exposed.

wingbacks!

Hart
Johnson Terry Cahill Lescott Cole
Gerrard Parker Wiltshire
Rooney Walcott

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
World Cup 2014 qualifying starts this autumn. I hope that Hodgson will turn this into a watershed to keep rebuilding the team / squad. He may not be able to cast off the old guard completely but I for one will be happy to see him give the youngsters a go. The U-21's did ok over the last couple of years, it's time to give them a go.

A team something like:

Hart
Johnson or Kyle Walker, Cahill, Lescott, Cole
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Henderson, Rodwell, Walcott
Welbeck or Carroll

5 in midfield to tighten things up with Walcott and Oxo bombing on to support the front man, plus the attacking wing backs too. I like the thought of Wilshere and Rodwell together in the centre plus Henderson to stiffen it up. I have high hopes for Oxo.

Some other youngsters to warm the bench: Jagielka, Jones, Cleverley, Adam Johnson, Micah Richards, maybe JFC in a year or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here