Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our away end is full of

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
You have already called me a **** from your opening post, where you claim our away support is full of them. The fact you say it's 'no longer possible' is rather strange as it has been this way for as long as I can remember.

If you want your allocated seat, get there early. It's never failed to work for me, and is a mild inconvenience for the assurances you desire.

I have no issues with groups of lads, drunk or otherwise, congregating in certain areas. Away support is supposed to be boisterous. I can't think of anything worse than everyone being forced to sit in their seats politely, we have enough of that at the Amex.

Nothing personal, but your views are a long way removed from mine. Let's leave its that.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
All these threads tend to do is to remind me about a game many a moon ago, first game of the season away at Southend (the one when Kuipers got hauled off at half-time!!).

Anyway, a very respectable family of four turned up early, two kids less than ten in tow, and moved to one of the sides of the away end to be away from the riff raff. One minute before the game started, a group of very loud, very lairy, very sweary, very pissed lads rocked up in the row in front of them and proceeded to spend the rest of the game f this, you c this and singing the great ditty "Mouslecoomb, Mouslecoomb" every two minutes!!! The family looked terrified. Doubt they went away for a few years after that great experience. Some People just aren't aware or give a damn at football, and act in the way they wouldn't away from the safety of their mates

P.S. This group were the lads that launched the wheelie bin attack at the home fans midway through the second half....if you were there that day, you know what I mean. Clowns

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It's not just lads though. At the borough' game I went with my 80 year old mate.. We sat in our seats about half way up the stand. There were 3 empty seats next to us soon occupied by 3 very middle class 1 woman,2 men. After a few minutes they were phoning friends elsewhere in the stadium telling them to come and join them. By then there were no spare seats but 3 Henry's all rolled up and stood in front of my mate and I in the same row. Just said we could all squeeze in. Suggested that was not on but was told to move somewhere else if we did not like it. We ended up moving as it was the only way to see the match.

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
You have already called me a **** from your opening post, where you claim our away support is full of them. The fact you say it's 'no longer possible' is rather strange as it has been this way for as long as I can remember.

If you want your allocated seat, get there early. It's never failed to work for me, and is a mild inconvenience for the assurances you desire.

I have no issues with groups of lads, drunk or otherwise, congregating in certain areas. Away support is supposed to be boisterous. I can't think of anything worse than everyone being forced to sit in their seats politely, we have enough of that at the Amex.

This. Well said sir.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It's not just lads though. At the borough' game I went with my 80 year old mate.. We sat in our seats about half way up the stand. There were 3 empty seats next to us soon occupied by 3 very middle class 1 woman,2 men. After a few minutes they were phoning friends elsewhere in the stadium telling them to come and join them. By then there were no spare seats but 3 Henry's all rolled up and stood in front of my mate and I in the same row. Just said we could all squeeze in. Suggested that was not on but was told to move somewhere else if we did not like it. We ended up moving as it was the only way to see the match.

Sounds like some 1901ers on their 1st outing of the season...to be fair it seemed there were more Brighton fans than seats that day!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I also saw the incident that the OP is talking about as I was stood a couple of rows back from it. It was more or less straight after the first goal and it all turned a bit unsavoury as a young lad fell over the row he was standing in and landed on top of a fellow fan, which was no doubt down to him having too much to drink. About 10 minutes later they were all fine and shook hands etc, but it was still not nice to see. Now I am a "teenager" and I do often attend away games with my other teenage mates, and we have never had any trouble. This does often put me off going to some of the local away games as sometimes as the OP says, it ruins the away day experience for others when others get completely legless. But every football club has these sorts of fans, its just a case of trying to avoid them really! 99% of our away followers are amazing and it is just a very small minority that are like this.

Good post, I'm glad you saw something the OP failed to see or post though, the part where they were all fine after shaking hands.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Good post, I'm glad you saw something the OP failed to see or post though, the part where they were all fine after shaking hands.

They were not all fine. The lady was in tears and her man had a choice to make, wade in or shake hands. What would you do if you had a tearful wife with you who was obviously hurt by some drunk falling on her. I did see it butI failed to mention it it because it did not deserve a mention. These scumbags should be banned, but there are never any police or people in authority to take charge. It's a bloody disgrace that people can't go and support their team without worrying what idiot they might be next to.

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
They were not all fine. The lady was in tears and her man had a choice to make, wade in or shake hands. What would you do if you had a tearful wife with you who was obviously hurt by some drunk falling on her. I did see it butI failed to mention it it because it did not deserve a mention. These scumbags should be banned, but there are never any police or people in authority to take charge. It's a bloody disgrace that people can't go and support their team without worrying what idiot they might be next to.

Behave

Jan 30, 2008
All these threads tend to do is to remind me about a game many a moon ago, first game of the season away at Southend (the one when Kuipers got hauled off at half-time!!).

Anyway, a very respectable family of four turned up early, two kids less than ten in tow, and moved to one of the sides of the away end to be away from the riff raff. One minute before the game started, a group of very loud, very lairy, very sweary, very pissed lads rocked up in the row in front of them and proceeded to spend the rest of the game f this, you c this and singing the great ditty "Mouslecoomb, Mouslecoomb" every two minutes!!! The family looked terrified. Doubt they went away for a few years after that great experience. Some People just aren't aware or give a damn at football, and act in the way they wouldn't away from the safety of their mates

P.S. This group were the lads that launched the wheelie bin attack at the home fans midway through the second half....if you were there that day, you know what I mean. Clowns
good turn out that day :whistle:
regards
DR

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Come on...we really are a load of shandy drinking southerners aren't we!

It is football! If you don't want to hear swearing etc...dont go to a football match..quite simple in my eyes!

Jan 30, 2008
Come on...we really are a load of shandy drinking southerners aren't we!

It is football! If you don't want to hear swearing etc...dont go to a football match..quite simple in my eyes!

not condoning falling on a women pissed up, but some of the cringe comments on here show us up as a load of tarquins imho
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008

DID YOU TRY SCREAMING FOR A POLICE MAN???
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

So [MENTION=22888]ChazzyBHA[/MENTION] is lying then?
He posted they were all fine after 10 minutes after shaking hands :shrug:
I didn't see the incident but maybe, just maybe the lad that landed on the couple was pushed and didn't have time to apologise before he was thrown back to his seat by the man.

You still haven't answered my question about the thread title, " our away end is full of " what?
Isolated incident in away end would have been better.

Just read Twitter and comments from the Sussex Police officer that attends our games ( Darren ) About Albion fans, no arrests or incidents reported.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was embarrassed to stand amongst a core of our away "supporters" on Saturday. The usual group of hard core Twats mouthing off, drunk or drugged up and generally making the occasion an afternoon you wished you stayed at home.
They have the cheek to sing to the Reading fans that their support is embarrassing.! It is not an experience I will be repeating in the near future. One **** fell over the chair in front on to the wife of a chap standing in front and got mightily aggrieved when her other half grabbed him and threw him back over the seat. At this time his idiot mates tried to swing a few punches before it all calmed down, but not before the poor girl shed a few tears.
This behaviour is absolutely unacceptable and if you were one of the pillocks involved reading this you should be ashamed of yourself.

This is generally the sort of behaviour that deters me from going to many away games. So many idiots there that don't seem interested in the football but just in causing a seen.

The only time I want to go is when there's 4 or 5 of us going as a group but 5 years ago I was happy to go on my own

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
So [MENTION=22888]ChazzyBHA[/MENTION] is lying then?
He posted they were all fine after 10 minutes after shaking hands :shrug:
I didn't see the incident but maybe, just maybe the lad that landed on the couple was pushed and didn't have time to apologise before he was thrown back to his seat by the man.

You still haven't answered my question about the thread title, " our away end is full of " what?
Isolated incident in away end would have been better.

Just read Twitter and comments from the Sussex Police officer that attends our games ( Darren ) About Albion fans, no arrests or incidents reported.

The thread title was half way through being typed when I accidentally pressed the wrong button which posted the thread. Couldn't be arsed to change it after that. Just as well really.
These sort of incidents go unnoticed by the police because they are nowhere to be seen.
Don't worry, I won't be going to any more away games, so will not be commenting on this subject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here