Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Smart central heating controllers, hive etc

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So where do I start. My house in Glasgow has HIVE and it is good.Using it with a thermostat downstairs in the hall and I have a schedule that is readily changed using the App. Small issue with the control of my Potterton Kingfisher at the moment but this isn't a HIVE issue.

I have a potterton Kingfisher too, what's the issue you're having ?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have a potterton Kingfisher too, what's the issue you're having ?

Sometimes but not always, the red light on the front comes on when the controller demands hotwater and central heating. I then have to press the red button and then the boiler fires up and the lamp goes green. Kingfisher say it is an overheat issue but the boiler wasn't fired up so I am sceptical.
Any ideas?

thx

TNBA

TTF

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Sometimes but not always, the red light on the front comes on when the controller demands hotwater and central heating. I then have to press the red button and then the boiler fires up and the lamp goes green. Kingfisher say it is an overheat issue but the boiler wasn't fired up so I am sceptical.
Any ideas?

thx

TNBA

TTF

Mine does that too sometimes. It's a lot less after a service when the gasman hoovers all the crap out of the burners. I was going to use a microcontroller to automatically reset it but the wife wont let me fiddle with gas appliances; she CLAIMS (somewhat dramatically I feel) that I might blow the house up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here