Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: New Windows

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So i'm freezing my knackers off at the moment.

We have wooden framed windows and wooden doors which i think are double glazed. However, due to the cold weather they do let a lot of heat out and cold air in. I've a 2 bed end of terrace house with a bow window in the lounge.

So, good people of NSC - who are your recommendations for companies/people to use to get replacement windows/doors? I'm looking to get UPVC as i'm fed up of the wood ones. Also, feel free to mention anyone that i might want to avoid. Also if anyone knows rough costs (obv difficult without measuring up) so i can crack open the Grombleton Piggy Bank and raid it.

Cheers y'all!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Mark Halliday Windows, every day of the week.
Had all mine done last year with this guy and the workmanship is astounding.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Although I'm in Luton, so can't really advise on anyone locally, I had 9 windows replaced, a UPVC back door and a composite front door - and this came to £4200. Most other quotes were about £5500 for the same job, but the guy I went with had good recommendations and just worked by himself with his brother so seemed to have much lower costs.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not sure about it yet but haven't had a chance to use it. Hoping you can use the old windows interface if I don't like it.

Over the years I have had the windows in my house replaced piecemeal. Each time I have looked for a range of quotes, and each time I have ended up going for a local, family-run business. That would be my recommendation - look round for local firms. I don't know local Brighton firms as I don't live in the area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here