Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Buying New TV

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Afternoon, as its International week I have been looking at buying a new tv.

Think im going for this LG 47LM760T and is a Currys exclusive.

Does anyone by chance 1, have this tv and 2, have a discount code for Currys?

Much appreciated

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The model won't be exclusive to Currys. What they do is take a standard LG model and give it a slightly tweaked model number, so...

i) If you search for it, only Currys will be returned as selling it.
ii) They can get out of any price matching commitments as, technically, no other store sells the same thing.

First thing - it will be worth your while spending a few minutes on Google to see what the real LG model number is - it will be something very similar - and finding the best price for it. It's highly unlikely to be Currys.

From a very quick look, LG 47LM669T Televisions - 47â€� LED CINEMA 3D Smart TV with 5 pairs of glasses, CINEMA SCREEN design, freeview HD, Wi-Fi. Magic remote included - LG Electronics UK might be the same and can be had for less than £900.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Cheers Bozza.

Never knew that.

So the only difference I can see is the LG has 400hz and Currys has 800hz motion clarity. would this actually make much of a difference?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
No.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am just buying a 47" TV actually, and the Panasonic TX-L47ET5B 47-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D LED TV with Freeview HD - Dark Grey (New for 2012): Amazon.co.uk: TV (buy through the Amazon link at the top though of course !) seems to be the best 47" out there. Panasonic are consistently good, very low failure rate (according to John Lewis, who are incentivised to push Samsung apparently.) and 5 year warranty. 3D may not be enough if you watch a LOT of 3D content apparently, but I am not that bothered really.

Also offers on at Amazon if you buy a Panasonic soundbar too

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cheers Bozza.

Never knew that.

So the only difference I can see is the LG has 400hz and Currys has 800hz motion clarity. would this actually make much of a difference?

It only becomes an issue if you're an AV perfectionist , there isn't a discernible difference to the naked eye and the majority of so called "screen improvements" are gimmicks to make you chose one manufacturer (or their price points) over another.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
It only becomes an issue if you're an AV perfectionist , there isn't a discernible difference to the naked eye and the majority of so called "screen improvements" are gimmicks to make you chose one manufacturer (or their price points) over another.

Thanks for this. I wouldnt say im an AV perfectionist, I am quite techie myself but when you buying things like this it does get pretty confusing. Cheers for all of your help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here