Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6562834 said:
What time of day is the verdict likely to be delivered?

I guess the Judge starts reading her Judgment at 9:30. I believe it could go on for hours and may go into tomorrow, as she has to go through all the witnesses etc. I think it is rather like the Judge summing up a case in the UK but then delivering her verdict at the end.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Early signs of the judge swaying in favour of the defense !!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Early signs of the judge swaying in favour of the defense !!

Law is a funny thing. In order to make her judgement water tight against any appeal, the judge has to demonstrate that she has considered all the evidence, and that means disregarding state evidence as well as the defence. By accepting some of the defence timelines or evidence, she demonstrates her decision will have considered these and therefore not open this as an avenue to appeal. Really difficult to say where this will end up.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
He certainly won't be found guilty of murder now. I think one of lesser charges will stick. Five years porridge is my guess.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the judge is making sure her decision isn't made on evidence that could be disputed. It sounds like OP is being cleared, but personally I think she is clearing the decks to leave some crucial undeniable fundamentals of the case.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I think the judge is making sure her decision isn't made on evidence that could be disputed. It sounds like OP is being cleared, but personally I think she is clearing the decks to leave some crucial undeniable fundamentals of the case.

"Masipa says the direction #OscarPistorius fired was inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking. She will come back to this later."

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"Masipa says the direction #OscarPistorius fired was inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking. She will come back to this later."

It was his assertion that he would have shot higher and more towards the door opening if he was trying to kill, is what she says is inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking.

Very interesting as to where she is going. She is dismissing pretty much everything (stomach contents, whatsapp messages etc) other than Oscar's version of events, as he was the only witness, which is the right thing to do. Essentially, it boils down to how believable he was - she has already stated that he has different defences which are not consistent. The general feeling here on the TV is that Gerrie Nel will be pretty happy with what has been said so far.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It sounds to me like he is going to get away with it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It was his assertion that he would have shot higher and more towards the door opening if he was trying to kill, is what she says is inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking.

Very interesting as to where she is going. She is dismissing pretty much everything (stomach contents, whatsapp messages etc) other than Oscar's version of events, as he was the only witness, which is the right thing to do. Essentially, it boils down to how believable he was - she has already stated that he has different defences which are not consistent. The general feeling here on the TV is that Gerrie Nel will be pretty happy with what has been said so far.

"Judge Masipa: "[Mr Pistorius] stated that if he wanted to shoot the intruder, he would have shot higher up and more in the direction where the opening of the door would be to the far right of the door and at chest height. I pause to state that this... is inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking. I shall revert to this later in my judgement."

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Oscar Pistorius faces 25 years in jail if found guilty of premeditated murder

The judge could also find him guilty of culpable homicide, for which he would face a long jail term

He also faces two charges for firing a gun in public and one for illegally possessing ammunition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here