He's got a shit beard...
He's got a shit beeeeeaaaaard...
Oscar Garcia, he's got a shit beard.

Many at Albion say he is weird
Many at Albion say he is weird
Oscar Garcia,they say the man's weird

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
If you enjoy goalless draws or unconvincing 1-0 wins, he's the one for you. Lots of indecisive passing back and forth, back and forth until possession is lost. Enjoy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In retrospect, it seems that he was just babysitting Gus's team and Gus's tactics until somebody else came along. I'm sure it was never intended that way - promises of moving the ball upfield faster and all that, but that never really happened. Yes, Gus's squad (more or less) surprisingly got us to the play-offs, but not sure how much that reflects on OG's tenure.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He'll leave you as soon as the bombs stop dropping

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He got us to 6th last year with a squad which in reality were not our best.
Interesting to see how he gets on a Watford. We were not great going forward last year but i expect that to be different at Watford due to the options you have in Deeney and Vidra. He has good ideas but in reality it only clicked once or twice last year with the squad we had

Dec 29, 2011
One things for sure, you don't get many football forums better than NSC. 2 hours later and there are 65 quality(ish) posts discussing our previous manager. Can't stand them boards that get 1 or 2 replies a day Zzz Zzz

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Lucky to get in the playoffs? Over 46 games surely luck balances up? Certainly early on we had huge injury problems.

For what it's worth I thought he brought a bit of decorum and stability back to the place post Gus but he is a continental style coach with little or no interest in transfer targets and is happy to coach other people's signings.

In hindsight the club adopted a 'one more push' approach after we reached the play offs under Gus when in hindsight the squad he inherited had peaked and a few bold signings were needed to get us over the (promotion) line. Also Bridcutt and Buckley could have been shipped out earlier.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Oscar...nice man...maybe too nice. Was dealt a bad hand when he came here by so many injuries,played possession football but had little attacking options,...had Ulloa as target man...you have two really good forwards in Deeney and Vydra,wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be a hero for you.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I will give you last season but the previous season we were 3 wins away from automatic promotion I dont call that luck.

One win would have done it, if that win had been away at Hull. We lost 1-0 to an 85th minute goal.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very dull personality, maybe amplified by Poyets previous histrionics. Excellent possession football and defence organisation. With better attacking options through the middle may be able to produce more interesting football than we experienced. Will certainly get you in or very close to the play offs.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think he would do well at Watford. I was looling forward to seeing what he could do with players he had brought in for his second season but he quit. I think that shows a weak character personally but feel he is still a good manager.

We had more injuries than I can remeber last season and he never had the options available to him like Gus had in previous years but still got us results and to the playoffs.

We never really won games in style apart from when we played Leicester.

The one thing that did bother me was his pre nd post match interviews or lack if them and lack of any sort of personailty. Other than that I think he is a decent boss one of the better im the league and will take you close to the playoffs.

On a side note do you wish the board had kept dyche? Always seemed a harsh sacking but Zola did well the season after.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not the right personality for the Albion. Good tactician, I thought.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, what a bitter thread. For what it's worth I think he would get you auto promotion. I hope he doesn't get offered the job.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Oscar inherited a squad poisoned and tapped up by Poyet. Things soured between him and the club around Christmas, and in retrospect I think everyone went into a holding operation. Oscar wanted to get out without ruining his reputation, the club wanted to get through without spending much money. Oscar got what he wanted, the side overachieved on the pitch, and the club got what it wanted too. Oscar is class and Watford would do well to work hard to get him. But Sami is a much better fit for us and the break up of the Poyet team is I think very deliberate. Could be win/win for everyone

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Having nothing but respect for Oscar and firmly believe he will be top manager/head coach in time.
Had rotten luck with injuries and still achieved the play offs, personally I was gutted when he left (more so than when Gus went).

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I think he was what we needed after the histrionics of Gus's last few months. Like others I am unsure how much the way we played was his natural style (in which case Watford will have a dull but not unsuccessful season) or what he thought he has to do given the injuries and what he had to work with.

Quite a few have commented on his approach with the media. I wonder if this isn't a product of the fact that English isn't his first language and it was his first English job. His manner may change as he gets more used to both.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Would be strange seeing him in Watford's dug out, much more so than seeing Poyet in Sunderland's and I don't quite know why that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here