Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia - Opinions from BHA fans

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For some, I think, the real problem with Oscar was simply that he wasn't Gus.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know what Tony Bloom said at each Fans Forum, that the player budget was the same or, last year, the highest ever. Poyet & Hyypia also had to put with Burke.
I don't know, but I'm fairly sure that Rodriguez was brought in by Oscar and he was useless.

Poyet quit ( or wanted to before he was sacked), Oscar quit, Hyppia quit. All within a very short space of time. Does that not make ANY alarm bells ring in your head????

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet also managed that a few times, most noticeably at bottom of the table Bristol City.

I was at that Bristol City game. Ashley Barnes had been taken ill, & CMS ruptured his achilles tendon during the game due to their dreadful pitch.
There was no such excuses at bottom of the table Yeovil.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet quit ( or wanted to before he was sacked), Oscar quit, Hyppia quit. All within a very short space of time. Does that not make ANY alarm bells ring in your head????

Of course, the common denominator that we know about is Burke. I'm sure there are others.
I couldn't take to Oscar at all. He had zero personality and his football was dreary.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolute rubbish....He had the worst injury crisis ever and had all the turmoil behind the scenes to deal with.He had idiots behind the scenes getting in league 1 players like obika etc.
When he arrived he stated clearly he loves attacking football and only knows attacking football...Sadly we had little to offer with attacking players with so many injuries and he then stuck to the defensive football in which was boring as fack,but he did the business in amazing circumstances.

If you actually think he wanted boring negative football then you're deluded as he had little choice???

Great person and will be a great manager one day:thumbsup:

Nailed it. I defended him to some mates for some of last season, many of whom now say I was completely right. He got the absolute best out of what he had, and to have the likes of Barnes sold from under his feet halfway through a season and still get a top 6 finish was a great achievement. I completely agree that he played to the strengths of our squad at the time. He made us incredibly hard to beat, even if that led to some slightly negative football - he did what he had to do.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I know what Tony Bloom said at each Fans Forum, that the player budget was the same or, last year, the highest ever. Poyet & Hyypia also had to put with Burke.
I don't know, but I'm fairly sure that Rodriguez was brought in by Oscar and he was useless.

I do remember Bloom using words that could have been interpreted that way when he was defending the last January transfer failure and the Grabban problem. He was very vague about it but I don’t think there is any concrete evidence that Rodriguez was highly sort after, targeted and brought in by OG. I think I read something different, it may have been in an article/twitter thing when the female Spanish blogger who follows Oscar had written something with a different slant on it.

I must admit I can only take the interview with Bloom after Oscar left with a pinch of salt. At the time Bloom had 100% faith in Burke and his advice, but he has now been sacked. The truth about what happened last season has been swept under the carpet, but one thing that is for certain is that Oscar was badly pissed off.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Tony Bloom stated that Oscar's list of required players were either not available, didn't want to come here, or too expensive.

Can be heard here at 11.00 mins in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27412432

Bloom saying “Rodriguez was one of his main targets” followed by “The players Oscar put forward were unavailable” is a contradtiction. This interview was really cringe worthy at the time and even more cringy listening to it again now.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I seem to be in a minority here and I'll stick my neck out and state that I think he just rode on the back of Poyet's squad. I don't think he did anything spectacular to mark him out as anything other than solid. A win ratio here of 40% didn't set the world alight and for me he just kept a steady ship on course in slightly lumpy weather.

Totally agree.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I liked Oscar. Yeah the football was pretty painful at times but he took us to 6th with it, despite a variety of injuries and whatnot.

Maybe another manager would have done better than him, but I'm absolutely certain that there are many more who would have been worse.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Good solid continental style coach. Little or no interest in transfer dealings though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think the initial disappointment was that a raft of Barcelona players didn't ever appear.

He came with a history of flair, but gave us a measured and composed attitude to the game. Don't lose at all costs. It almost worked out alright.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What has happened 2 a decent team we need to sort ourselves out quick dont you all think
Not a lot we can do now until the summer.

We are definately trying to get a 93 day loan of a winger.

If it were my choice, I'd get in as good a striker as we can for at least 28 days as well, and try and get most of the 7-8 wins we still need as soon as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here