Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia on the Shortlist for Swansea

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm certain they mean our Oscar Garcia.

Swansea are now my preferred team ( even above Palace ) to be relegated. I don't think they'd be able to poach Oscar at the end of the season if they were, even with their parachute payments.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are on a bit of a wobble at the moment. The posted losses, the lack of incoming players so far, the lingering effects of Poyet, the injured players, loss of good players from the squad, recent results and now the potential loss of our manager. A good performance and a win on Saturday would go some way to lifting the gloom :thumbsup:

I have to confess I fear this interest from Swansea could notch up.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I was a fan of Poyet's but today's accounts showed how much was spent on trying to go up last year. Oscar won't have had anywhere near that money to work with and we must have made a significant profit in the January window.

The accounts have nothing to do with the 12/13 season. That will show in next years accounts.

Poyet also had nothing to do with the financial side of things. that was done by Barbers predecessor who is the one person we should all be pointing the finger at here.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The accounts have nothing to do with the 12/13 season. That will show in next years accounts.

Poyet also had nothing to do with the financial side of things. that was done by Barbers predecessor who is the one person we should all be pointing the finger at here.

The Argus and Albion websites both clearly state they are for the 2012/13 season so I'm not sure where you get that idea.

Also, did I blame Poyet for spending it? I just said it shows how much was spent last season on trying to get us promoted.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One question: I like Oscar and want him to stay. Should I be worried?

The question should be do Swansea want him. If they do, the question will be will Bloom let him go because if asked I am sure Oscar would go.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Paper talk. Won't happen. Hasn't achieved nearly enough to earn a pop at the Prem.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The question should be do Swansea want him. If they do, the question will be will Bloom let him go because if asked I am sure Oscar would go.

I'm not so sure. He said he had more lucrative offers than Brighton's when he came here but was excited about the project. Nothing there has changed - he may just be one of those rare managers (like Wenger) who believes in honouring a contract

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not so sure. He said he had more lucrative offers than Brighton's when he came here but was excited about the project. Nothing there has changed - he may just be one of those rare managers (like Wenger) who believes in honouring a contract

I'm not convinced either, the next few days could prove interesting with regard to Oscar's commitment to the Albion. Fingers crossed that it ends well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is Harry related to Gary?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Garry Monk appointed caretaker manager for the forseeable future.

win - win

If he takes them down, I doubt they'll be able to poach Oscar, even with parachute payments.

If he does well, he'll surely keep the job longer.

Worst case is somewhere between the two - a last day survival or similar.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The only way I would not be disappointed would be if we replaced Garcia with Marcelo Bielsa, now that would be the very definition of flair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here