Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I look forward to the wizardry of Oz

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I am going to nail my flag to the mast and say I think this is the perfect signing. An English manager would have started again and we would have had a season of change. This guy will take the Gus Bus and add to it. No need for revolution when you have finished 4th playing good football. Just the evloution we needed. Also as an up and coming manager he has growth and ambition, so it's an appointment for the medium term as well.

BUT for ****s sake lay off him when he inevtiably says he wants to manage at a higher level, when he is asked if he one day wants to manage Barcelona or someone else and he says yes. That's what you would expect. No need for some on here to have a hissy fit. He wil come, hopefully take us up, and improve us, and then he will go on to better things. That's football.

I couldn't agree more with both sentiments! Building on Gus' style of play makes it more likely that we'll be fighting for promotion than if we tried to re-invent the wheel....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
To be fair it probably has as the appeal is an internal process and very unlikely to reach a different conclusion. It will be then up to GP to go down the legal ET route or court case for unfair dismissal. I see know issue in appointing OGJ as interim manager. Its only lip service we know it, GP and his legal team know it. It not aobut GP getting his job back and managing the Albion again - its about £££££££.

Indeed!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Signing Holloway is what Palace would do, signing Adkins is what Reading would do. Signing Oscar is what WE do because we are Brighton. Flairtastic appointment, Tony Bloom continues to deliver. My next pet is going to be called Tony, in honour of the great man.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Signing Holloway is what Palace would do, signing Adkins is what Reading would do. Signing Oscar is what WE do because we are Brighton. Flairtastic appointment, Tony Bloom continues to deliver. My next pet is going to be called Tony, in honour of the great man.

Mate, that's comment is going to make me smile all day!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
#hugs

Right, now to re-join the rest of the party ...... we have a new manager at last!!!!!

Quite so, sir! And a brilliant appointment too. Great timing for the Spanish trip, pre-season and also great to continue the style of play. Roll on the new season!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This. Delighted that Tony hasn't gone off FLAIR after Gus.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports