Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Hope it is interim to permanent rather than in wings waiting.

No reason why it shouldn't be. Club will only be able to make an interim appointment for the purposes of public announcements etc, while the Gus appeal runs its course. However, I see nothing to stop Bloom making a private undertaking to OGJ that it will become a permanent appointment after the appeal (and that in the unlikely event that Gus wins the appeal there is money put aside to pay him off in compensation).

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Or he read a tweet from a respected source. Why the Naylor hate?

I feel exactly the same regarding Naylor, I think he gets a lot of uncalled for stick on here most of the time! However, it does appear he is tweeting stuff that was posted on this thread an hour or so ago! Coincidence maybe.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
So now we just have to find out if Oscar Garcia Junyent is a good manager.

He has had a year of management experience compared to Poyet when he came here, and in that year he turned a midtable team into runaway league winners.

A decent starting point for a young manager

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Óscar García Junyent

I once REALLY wanted Jim Gannon to manage us.. So I'm going to duck out of this debate and trust TB with whoever he thinks will do the best job!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I feel exactly the same regarding Naylor, I think he gets a lot of uncalled for stick on here most of the time! However, it does appear he is tweeting stuff that was posted on this thread an hour or so ago! Coincidence maybe.

Anybody can write stuff on here with relative immunity. Naylor has to have something more solid. Especially with the unusually high number of legal threats abounding recently.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Good, lets get this going.

I want Oscar at the amex. Photographed holding a scarf and saying that managing in England has always been an ambition of his.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This summer is such a rollercoaster ride

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Twitter:

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 12m
Maccabi Tel Aviv's head fitness coach and assistant coach have quit the Israeli champions to join forces with OG in his next job. #bhafc

That HAS to mean they've been offered another job already!?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Andy Naylor is one individual, while NSC has hundreds of members. So the odds are that someone on here with nothing better to do than monitor Twitter 24 hours a day will retweet something before he does.

Macca

Jul 28, 2008
Portslade
Apologies if it's already been mentioned but Juan Torrijo, Oscar Garcia's assistant at Maccabi also had a similar role at Valencia previously for 16 seasons. Pointing more and more to the direction that Vicente could be coming back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports