Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Could do with some good news after recent events.

This would excite me quite a lot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Óscar García Junyent

Could do with some good news after recent events.

This would excite me quite a lot.

I can't think of any good news days at the albion since the day we beat Wolves.

So time to have a few.

Oscar to sign today, and David tonight?

Vicente to sign in 3 weeks if the Interim becomes permanent?

Left back to sign?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
MTA sports director Jordi Cruyff said that "We are sad to lose two such outstanding professionals as Juan and Ruben who contributed so much to winning the title this past season, but we fully understand their desire to continue their partnership with (ex-head coach) Oscar Garcia".

Says to me that Oscar is going somewhere soon at least.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Please let this be true. Things starting to look up again.

Although would be interesting to see if we would pay off an assistant purely to appoint the backroom staff of a (for now) interim.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So all 3 are on the move imminently, Oscar clearly has something in place, I hopeit's us. Fingers crossed, a very important 24 hours.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Please let this be true. Things starting to look up again.

Although would be interesting to see if we would pay off an assistant purely to appoint the backroom staff of a (for now) interim.

Not jumping the gun, but I would like there to be at least one, in the backroom team, who has plenty of experience of English football. Just someone to keep the players in line and to avoid any dugout tricks from the opposition.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not jumping the gun, but I would like there to be at least one, in the backroom team, who has plenty of experience of English football. Just someone to keep the players in line and to avoid any dugout tricks from the opposition.

Completely agree.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Saw this on a Maccabi message board:

Regarding the fitness coaches, this worries me. One of the big secrets of Maccabi last season was their fitness as the team was really above all the other teams and at European level. Now all of the sudden they leave the club. This is really bad. I hope Jordi knows what he is doing.

I see the assistant coach was at Valencia for a long time during their peak period at the same time as a certain ex Albion player......make it happen tony!

According to the Tel Aviv official website, it was the head fitness coach that was at Valencia, not the assistant, and given the run-ins that Vicente had with the medical teams at Valencia (no idea whether or not that included the fitness team) it might not be as obvious a link as we hope it is...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hope all you betting types put a cheeky little bet on him when he was briefly 66/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports