Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ha ha ha!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Spurs Team:: Rob Burch, Stephen Carr, Mauricio Taricco, Anthony Gardner, Chris Perry, Matthew Etherington, Jamie Redknapp (Darren Anderton 80), Kazuyuki Toda, Simon Davies, Gus Poyet (Robbie Keane 65), Helger Postiga

Subs: Dean Richards, Ledley King, Goran Bunjevcevic, Stephen Kelly, Dean Marney, Darren Anderton, Simon Davies, Milenko Acimovic, BOBY ZAMORA, Robbie Keane.

Match Report at:

http://www.orlandopiratesfc.com/default.asp?aId=89999

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I see that Hoddle is blaming the defeat on the length of grass! More excuses to follow I would imagine over the coming months.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exiled in Exeter said:
I see that Hoddle is blaming the defeat on the length of grass! More excuses to follow I would imagine over the coming months.

Nothing to do with his incompetent style of management then ?

I do fear for BZ with a manager like him, one stupid comment Hoddle and I'll send the boys round.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hoddle - A complete and utter wa*ker and a useless manager. I fear that Bobby might live to regret his move to Spurs. He is capable of better than that.

:shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hoddle was also whinging like a bitch cos the Pirates started showboating for the last few minutes after they scored and basically taking the piss out of Spurs. Hoddle said they were "unprofessional" and "if I'd wanted to see tricks, I'd have gone to the circus".

Typically ungracious in defeat...Hoddle should have gone to the circus, he's have fitted right in with the clowns.

Hoddle is particularly unwise to be so ungracious in defeat.

Surely a better message would be sent to all by saying "I thoroughly enjoyed that friendly match as a run out for our lads, Orlando were worthwhile and entertaining, and obviously intent on putting on a good showing for their fans. It was useful for me to examine our lads' fitness in preparation for the coming season".

The purported responses from Hoddle show him as a very poor leader and motivator of players, and if that goes on, Zamora will likely be at Spurs longer than GH.

He's bound to come back as a handicapped person in the next life . :angry: :censored:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
NMH said:
Hoddle is particularly unwise to be so ungracious in defeat.

Can't be worse than Alex Ferguson though!

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Exiled in Exeter said:

How about the wrong type of air?

Overly moist tea leaves?

Or icebergs in the shipping lanes?

*Writes on Hod's excuses card - Must do better*

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
braders100 said:
bobby has 3 b's btw fran !

Yes! Typo, I'm afraid! Didn't check it before I sent it :-( Better than writing Booby, though, I suppose!

Stumpy Tim

CAFC Matt said:
Has anyone ever heard of such a pathetic excuse as the grass being too long :lolol:

it didn't look that long :(

Wrong colour shirts still wins it for me.

I don't think Hoddle is a bad manager - he just has a problem in relating to players. It's often said that great players don't make great managers because they expect too much of their players - and Hoddle was a great player. Only exception to the rule I can think of manages a club on the South Coast

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stumpy Tim said:

I don't think Hoddle is a bad manager - he just has a problem in relating to players. It's often said that great players don't make great managers because they expect too much of their players - and Hoddle was a great player. Only exception to the rule I can think of manages a club on the South Coast

You mean Gordon Strachan? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports