Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Original Cardiff] Match off due to fog

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Just been through Falmer on train from Lewes. Visibility at the station maybe 25-30m?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
just googled to see how often games get cancelled due to fog, and it does seem to happen from time to time :( back for a short time from abroad and given a ticket for tonight, I'll be more than a little bit peed off if the games gets cancelled...

This page I founf about cancelled talks about our home game vs York City in 1996 getting called off after we invaded the pitch and broke the crossbars. I'd forgotten about that.
http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow01.htm

It does also say "When it comes to weather frozen conditions and waterlogged pitches are the main reasons for abandoned - and postponed - matches with fog now not being the problem it once was."
... so is there less fog now than there once was?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
just googled to see how often games get cancelled due to fog, and it does seem to happen from time to time :( back for a short time from abroad and given a ticket for tonight, I'll be more than a little bit peed off if the games gets cancelled...

This page I founf about cancelled talks about our home game vs York City in 1996 getting called off after we invaded the pitch and broke the crossbars. I'd forgotten about that.
http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow01.htm

It does also say "When it comes to weather frozen conditions and waterlogged pitches are the main reasons for abandoned - and postponed - matches with fog now not being the problem it once was."
... so is there less fog now than there once was?

Probably due to lighting.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I remember Foggy from the mid eighties he used to wear a head band..skippered us to Cup Final.:.......:laugh::laugh:.....:wrong:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
From twitter:

C08Aj_1W8AAYsWu.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any protocol for when the club needs to inform fans by?

I remember a Withdean game called off for ice around the stadium area, I was literally turning the corner off London Road heading up to the stadium when it was announced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here