Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Origi

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Calleri and Nunez.

The impossible dream.

Random aside on Calleri: It turns out that he's really been around the block since he was on our radar (a thousand years ago). Not a bad record but not stellar either...

2013–2014 All Boys 28 (5)
2014–2015 Boca Juniors 41 (16)
2016– Deportivo Maldonado 0 (0)
2016 → São Paulo (loan) 5 (3)
2016–2017 → West Ham United (loan) 16 (1)
2017–2018 → Las Palmas (loan) 37 (9)
2018–2019 → Alavés (loan) 34 (9)
2019–2020 → Espanyol (loan) 27 (1)
2020–2021 → Osasuna (loan) 25 (5)
2021– → São Paulo (loan) 15 (5)

On his current owners:

Club Deportivo Maldonado, SAD have a history of being a Middle Men club used by third-party owners, where top flight South American clubs will sell players to the team before they are immediately sold or loaned to another club, with the player never appearing for Deportivo Maldonado. Notable players who've made this type of transfer include Allan, Jonathan Calleri, Gerónimo Rulli, Hernán Toledo, Alex Sandro, Marcelo Estigarribia, Willian José and Iván Piris.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Quite hard to score if you’re not on the pitch in fairness.

(Why he’s been happy to not play is another question of course)

Although I agree in part, he has played over 100 times for Liverpool in a team in the top 3 of the Premier League and with a pretty decent supporting group of players... 1 goal in 5 still isn't great.

That's not to say I don't rate him by the way, I think in a decent team and with regular, consistent game time he could be very decent. Whether Starlizard agree or not is probably indicated by the fact that Origi has seemingly been available for £15m since about 2018 and we've not made a confirmed bid in that time.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think we should buy him and loan him to USG for their title push.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Although I agree in part, he has played over 100 times for Liverpool in a team in the top 3 of the Premier League and with a pretty decent supporting group of players... 1 goal in 5 still isn't great.

That's not to say I don't rate him by the way, I think in a decent team and with regular, consistent game time he could be very decent. Whether Starlizard agree or not is probably indicated by the fact that Origi has seemingly been available for £15m since about 2018 and we've not made a confirmed bid in that time.

I think that Origi is a fine No.9, in addition, he comes across someone who would smash the ‘no dickhead’ test and probably end up in our leadership group with Dunk, Lallana and Webster etc pretty quickly.

However, his salary would be a massive problem. But more importantly, I don’t think Potter signs players who can only play in single positions other than keepers, whatever Starlizards stats are. I’ve watched Origi closely a number of times, he is a brilliant No.9 in fact but would be pretty poor on the wing or as a No.10. Just look at the fantastic work Welbeck and Maupay do outside the penalty area, this is what Potter wants.

If you are thinking about us singing a striker in January, you should look at previous rumoured targets like Nunez & González and ask these 3 questions:

Is this player 23 or under?

Can this player play all the positions across the front line?

Is this player an international?

Will the value of this player rocket with exposure to the Premier League?

You need a ‘yes’ from each question if you seriously think that the club would be interested in a player.

For £15m, you could possibly get this guy in January:

https://youtu.be/ByLTDviKMdM

We won’t be signing Origi any time soon. Potter does not do old fashioned No.9s (unless using them as a bench option like Klopp does).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think that Origi is a fine No.9, in addition, he comes across someone who would smash the ‘no dickhead’ test and probably end up in our leadership group with Dunk, Lallana and Webster etc pretty quickly.

However, his salary would be a massive problem. But more importantly, I don’t think Potter signs players who can only play in single positions other than keepers, whatever Starlizards stats are. I’ve watched Origi closely a number of times, he is a brilliant No.9 in fact but would be pretty poor on the wing or as a No.10. Just look at the fantastic work Welbeck and Maupay do outside the penalty area, this is what Potter wants.

If you are thinking about us singing a striker in January, you should look at previous rumoured targets like Nunez & González and ask these 3 questions:

Is this player 23 or under?

Can this player play all the positions across the front line?

Is this player an international?

Will the value of this player rocket with exposure to the Premier League?

You need a ‘yes’ from each question if you seriously think that the club would be interested in a player.

For £15m, you could possibly get this guy in January:

https://youtu.be/ByLTDviKMdM

We won’t be signing Origi any time soon. Potter does not do old fashioned No.9s (unless using them as a bench option like Klopp does).

I agree entirely

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Did a bit of digging - Supposedly available for only £7m, his contract runs out this summer unless he plays a certain number of league games and it therefore gets automatically extended by another year - so he can’t currently sign on a free

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Glad another unrealistic wages guy has gone off the market so he doesn’t get mentioned 3 times a week for 3 months. Then again might have said same about Lallana couple years ago. Strikers are different though right!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Glad another unrealistic wages guy has gone off the market so he doesn’t get mentioned 3 times a week for 3 months. Then again might have said same about Lallana couple years ago. Strikers are different though right!

It was always an unlikely signing, but not impossible. Milan have got themselves a good striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here