Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orient - nearest thing to a grudge game, so get on down and support the boys.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Yes, I'm sure that many of us remember this as the game which sparked the emergence of the hate figure Scott McLeish (now at Northampton) in the epic 4-4 at The Goldstone in 1997.

But just remember also that Barry Hearn, who's still their chairman, asked for Brighton to have (further) points deducted following the mini-riot in the North, which cocky boy McLeish ignited. (the request was ignored, thankfully, by the League).

In July of that same year 17 of the 72 football league clubs voted to have us kicked out of the league for failure to register in time a £500,000 bail bond over our ability to find a suitable stadium to play at the following season.

The 17 remain a closely guarded secret, but it's a racing cert that Hearn's among them.

So I hope that as many of us as possible will be able to get down next Saturday and give the flash, wanabee, git and his bunch of up-starts from slumsville the warmest of Albion welcomes as, as evidenced by yesterday's outstanding performance, only we know how.

Come on Brighton.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yeah, f*** 'em, can't stand those pricks. Always a good fixture.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Man of Harveys said:
Always a good fixture.

It's not though, is it? Not really. The 4-4 game was amazing. The other games had little to recommend them other than a large Albion following and morgue-esque silence form the orient fans. I always thought they(the games...) were a bit shit.

Barry Hearn is a cockjuggling thundercunt though, no doubt.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
may make an appearance at this one

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bromley shrimp said:
Yes, I'm sure that many of us remember this as the game which sparked the emergence of the hate figure Scott McLeish (now at Northampton) in the epic 4-4 at The Goldstone in 1997.

Now THERE was a mental day :lol:

That said, one of the best moments in Albion history must be when the joyous chant of ONE-NIL TO THE ORIENT! ran round the Goldstone during the last game.

I've almost forgiven them. Not the wanker McGleish though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Man of Harveys said:
Yeah, f*** 'em, can't stand those pricks. Always a good fixture.
Yeah, Orient matches are always good for a laugh. I might even bring my KIDS actually...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I was going to bring mine - but one is working and the other is also working - then playing rugby. So Saturday afternoons are officially mine again .....................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here