Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orient fans

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I was sitting in the main Orient stand with an Orient fan from work. My conclusion from yesterday and previous visits is that they are the most mean-spirited, ignorant, moaning and obnoxious fans I have ever come across, the word wxxxer was invented to describe these people. It was a constant stream of moans, uninventive homophobic comments and, even at the end, their only way of celebrating was to make abusive comments about us. If you remember the kid in school that no-one liked and who grew up with a massive chip on his shoulder, well put them 3000 and you have the Matchroom Stadium. Geez, I thought E block at Withdean was bad.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Unlike the generous spirited Brighton fans who booed a dedicated and hard working professional everytime he touched the ball and sang 'let him die' to an Orient player who went down injured only one week after Jim McNulty ended up in intensive care after an injury.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
and sang 'let him die' to an Orient player who went down injured only one week after Jim McNulty ended up in intensive care after an injury.

Wasn't just me who thought that then. Made me cringe :nono:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
For one incident, 12 years ago. Please.......

I rarely boo opposition players, mainly because it generally means they will perform better (Harding excepted), but McGleish deserves all the stick he gets. Everyone in football knew about the atmosphere around the club at that time and he went out to cause more trouble for the club and should have been sent off for inciting the fans. I am sorry if this sounds immature but this was a time when we might not have had a club and most teams supported us. Orient tried to get us points deducted after the incident and that sticks in the mind as if they had succeeded we might not have a team to watch anymore.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Mr 1234, I don't join in with 'let 'im die' songs but I joined in wholeheartedly with the booing of Mr McGleish. Not only was his gesture of 12 years ago absolutely objectionable (and, for your information, large numbers of the North Stand shouted 'scum, scum' at the couple of divs who went on to the pitch directly afterwards) but you must desire a bizarrely antiseptic, anaemic kind of game if you expect supporters to be 'forgiving and forgetting' types.

All supporters have long, long memories for this kind of thing and if we're not even allowed to remind somebody of something shitty he did to us, however long ago, then the gentrification and neutralisation of the game is upon us. I enjoy the tribal and parochial verbals from the crowd (within the bounds of acceptability, which booing a dick like him certainly is). Nobody's attacked him physically, nobody's thrown anything at him, we're just shouting at the poor baa-lamb. If he can't handle that (and it looks like he copes with it perfectly well to me) then he shouldn't have made the f***ing hand signals at us in the first place.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Mr 1234, I don't join in with 'let 'im die' songs but I joined in wholeheartedly with the booing of Mr McGleish. Not only was his gesture of 12 years ago absolutely objectionable (and, for your information, large numbers of the North Stand shouted 'scum, scum' at the couple of divs who went on to the pitch directly afterwards) but you must desire a bizarrely antiseptic, anaemic kind of game if you expect supporters to be 'forgiving and forgetting' types.

All supporters have long, long memories for this kind of thing and if we're not even allowed to remind somebody of something shitty he did to us, however long ago, then the gentrification and neutralisation of the game is upon us. I enjoy the tribal and parochial verbals from the crowd (within the bounds of acceptability, which booing a dick like him certainly is). Nobody's attacked him physically, nobody's thrown anything at him, we're just shouting at the poor baa-lamb. If he can't handle that (and it looks like he copes with it perfectly well to me) then he shouldn't have made the f***ing hand signals at us in the first place.

Great post :clap:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Football is all about irrational hatred. If you don't like it, move to Russia!

And there was me thinking it was all about putting the ball in the back of the net more times than the other team - silly me :p

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
And there was me thinking it was all about putting the ball in the back of the net more times than the other team - silly me :p

What is all about is getting the chance to give some unfortunate,non albion supporting,fan grief.The chance to gloat and rub their noses in it,and to feel all smug and contented in our obvious superiority.

Tis a pity the team aint worked that bit out yet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh for christs sake. If we can't direct some irrational hatred and BILE at an opposition player for a transgression donkeys years ago, then whats the point of being a football fan ? Its one of the few things that gave us any PLEASURE yesterday. All this handwringing "ooh we shouldn't abuse players lets just go and enjoy the game" bobble-hatted NONSENSE belongs at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge, NOT in our petty lower-division slums.

You don't like personal abuse towards the oppo ? Then piss off to the corporate boxes at Chelsea and choke yourself stupid on garlic mushroom vol-u-vonts, and leave the rest of us to rip the piss out of the arseholes playing for the oppositon.

When you get dicked by Orient, its a small consolation. But it IS still a consolation.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Oh for christs sake. If we can't direct some irrational hatred and BILE at an opposition player for a transgression donkeys years ago, then whats the point of being a football fan ? Its one of the few things that gave us any PLEASURE yesterday. All this handwringing "ooh we shouldn't abuse players lets just go and enjoy the game" bobble-hatted NONSENSE belongs at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge, NOT in our petty lower-division slums.

You don't like personal abuse towards the oppo ? Then piss off to the corporate boxes at Chelsea and choke yourself stupid on garlic mushroom vol-u-vonts, and leave the rest of us to rip the piss out of the arseholes playing for the oppositon.

When you get dicked by Orient, its a small consolation. But it IS still a consolation.

:clap2: :thumbsup:
Well put mate!

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Did nobody else see him making wankers signs to us as he warmed up before the match, granted his hand was on his shorts and he could have been wiping something away but it didn't look like it to me :tosser:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Did nobody else see him making wankers signs to us as he warmed up before the match, granted his hand was on his shorts and he could have been wiping something away but it didn't look like it to me :tosser:

sounds to me like we excited him so much that he had to pleasure himself immediately

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Well said Easy and Herne Hill. Christ, it's what gets us going, and if anything Scott McGleish thrives on it - he knows he's gonna get it WHEREVER he plays us, it's all part of the battle. He's not lying asleep wetting himself the night before the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here