Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Orient celebrate promotion on pitch, during game.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I was thinking that! For all his bollocks I do miss ol' Twatty on here. He was so Don.

And yeah, they fulfilled a useful function as our Palace replacement for a few years, but like you I'm pleased for them. Proper club. And incidentally another club with an American owner, but rather like the guys at Wrexham he 'gets' football.
Yes, I quite liked Watford O. Think he came back as "I LIKE CANDLES" or something like that. Who knows he may reincarnate and pay a visit.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Exactly, love it, I wonder if Watford O was there.

Confess I have a bit of a week spot for Orient these days, they were our replacement Palace for a number of years and I quite liked their ground, if not most of the results until MA took over here. MASSIVE Albion support at most games up there.

Chuffed for them
Same. Remember that cup game when we went there when we'd lost about 6 in a row to them? We took about 5,000 away fans and lost 4-2. I got thrown over a garden fence by a 6 foot 8 riot copper on the back of a horse. He leant over and lifted my up by my shirt and launched me at it. Think I was 16.

Also remember some Brighton fans steaming into the home end after the game only to be met with a load of
Brighton fans coming out of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
didn't Spurs and Southampton do something similar in the late 70s to stop us going up?
Yes.

Don't remind me. I was celebrating our promotion in the North Stand part way through the game when a false report of a goal circulated. Transistor radios, eh?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same. Remember that cup game when we went there when we'd lost about 6 in a row to them? We took about 5,000 away fans and lost 4-2. I got thrown over a garden fence by a 6 foot 8 riot copper on the back of a horse. He leant over and lifted my up by my shirt and launched me at it. Think I was 16.

Also remember some Brighton fans steaming into the home end after the game only to be met with a load of
Brighton fans coming out of it.
Who was that blond twat who scored for them? Edit: Tony Richards.

Match Room thugs made us use our designated seats if I recall....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was that blond twat who scored for them? Edit: Tony Richards.

Match Room thugs made us use our designated seats if I recall....
It was but you had to laugh at him running the length of the stand we were in with his hand to his ear after he’d scored a couple against us.

I also remember going there years before when Ralph Coates with his combover was playing for them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pretty sure Orient (Hearn) were one of the most vocal supporters of having us chucked out of the league all those years ago. Perhaps we should return the favour?!
He sold the club in 2014, and then resigned as life president a few years later

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I quite liked Watford O. Think he came back as "I LIKE CANDLES" or something like that. Who knows he may reincarnate and pay a visit.
He was banned for racism towards a female Leeds fan on here, who'd had a tragedy in her family.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Definitely kick them out. Disgrace to football.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Seen them play most seasons since I moved to London 22 years ago. Many times with the Albion, free tickets from work, with mates watching their team from the away end and half a dozen times this year accompanying my nephews. Well done to them, but poor footy. They are not as classy as we were when promoted from the 4th tier under Mickey Adams. Lots of midfield head tennis and shirt pulling (strange watching dirty players free from Var). They are always slightly better than the opposition though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Exactly, love it, I wonder if Watford O was there.

Confess I have a bit of a weak spot for Orient these days, they were our replacement Palace for a number of years and I quite liked their ground, if not most of the results until MA took over here. MASSIVE Albion support at most games up there.

Chuffed for them
Russell Slade's managerial debut for us up there too. I can still see him coming over to our massive support before kick off, sporting a lovely two tone green suit.

Marvellous scenes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here