Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orange blocking NSC

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I usually log onto NSC from my computer but occasionally use my Orange phone if I'm somewhere else.

Yesterday I tried to log on but got the message from Orange to say that Orange Safeguard has classified this page, (i.e. NSC), as only suitable for people over the age of 18 and I cannot now view it :tantrum:

Apparently I have to phone them or go into an Orange shop and prove I'm over 18 before they will let me view NSC in future.

Any other Orange users having this trouble. I requested them to review the site again but they confirmed that it is still blocked!

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Could be classed as 'adult material' because of bad language. Had that with vodafone, 2 minutes in the shop and sorted.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is it one of those blocks where you give your credit card details and they pay you to prove you are 18?

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I usually log onto NSC from my computer but occasionally use my Orange phone if I'm somewhere else.

Yesterday I tried to log on but got the message from Orange to say that Orange Safeguard has classified this page, (i.e. NSC), as only suitable for people over the age of 18 and I cannot now view it :tantrum:

Apparently I have to phone them or go into an Orange shop and prove I'm over 18 before they will let me view NSC in future.

Any other Orange users having this trouble. I requested them to review the site again but they confirmed that it is still blocked!

I had this last year when I got a new phone, although it was for something ridiculous like BBC Sport.
When I rang them, they told me that they could just take off the filter altogether. Pretty much just a press of a button their end to do it.
A bit of admin, but the call doesn't last very long so it's not too bad

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Thanks for the replies. The stupid thing is that one of the options they give to unblock the site is phone 450 but there is no option on that number to do it!

Think they would realise by now that I'm over 18 as I've been a customer for at least 12 years. looks like a visit to the shop!

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Thanks for the replies. The stupid thing is that one of the options they give to unblock the site is phone 450 but there is no option on that number to do it!

Think they would realise by now that I'm over 18 as I've been a customer for at least 12 years. looks like a visit to the shop!

Isn't there an option to just speak to an advisor? That's the one you need

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

mines ok

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just to close the saga down, I've now managed to speak to someone at Orange and I'm now unblocked, (the phone that is), and am able to see NSC again. Quite why they thought I was under 18, (I'm sixty bleeding six), and had been able to surf NSC ok up till yesterday I don't know.

Thanks for everybodys help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here