Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opinion from Boro fan board tonight

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They trounced a version of us. We must have had 60% of our first team out injured. I'm not denying they were a good side, they absolutely were, they still are, but the team they played in December is a shadow of the team they'll be playing next weekend.

They also failed to beat a team which their two main rivals beat in recent weeks #wobble

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To be even fairer, I sort of agree, I don't think we are a side that can sit back and defend particularly well, and we are susceptible to conceding set piece goals. If anything Boro's worry therefore is that we do lose on Monday and go to them going all out to win. That is probably the last thing they want. If I were them I'd almost want us coming up only needing a drawer...although I do talk a lot of shite.

It's contagious: were drawer ...

... ideally preceded by a wynne

theboybilly

It wasn't just the injuries though, Murphy and Hemed were lacking any kind of form and others (notably Kayal and Stephens) were knackered through sheer volume of games. We're such a different proposition now.

The Albion then was an Albion team that could never relax in a game because they couldn't finish a team off. Kayal and Stephens had to really work to keep it all together in the middle of the park. Prior to the Boro game we had played two very tough away games where we surrendered winning leads and lost very good players to injury and suspension. We were on our knees to some extent. Shrewd recruitment has lightened the load and allowed for a more expansive system of play. I just hope nerves don't get the better of us or another performance like those against Rotherham or Cardiff rears it's ugly head.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It isn't just Boro fans. I think most fans in this league saw that 0-3 and thought "Ah, there we go. Brighton back to being Brighton."

Nobody considered our injury list. And even more shocking, nobody has checked their opinion in the wake of our bursting back into contention.

Football. Gotta love it.

Interesting. Claridge on R5 tonight was referring back to when Liverpool beat Leicester at the turn of the year, and that was heralded as their departure from the scene. Now whatever happened to them?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Let's worry about Derby first is my first thought. Both us and Boro are good enough to win against any team in this division, and it will be heartbreaking and almost unfair if both of us aren't promoted (whether it be play offs or automatically)

I'd have far preferred Boro get promoted than Burnley but alas not to be, whatever will be will be.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
"The better team tonight against a good Blues side, a perfectly good goal ruled out and Leads hitting the bar. Next Saturday, hopefully the luck will be with Boro. Definitely good enough to win against any Championship side though."

There we go - we're doomed!
But they think they just need to turn up to win again.

But they think we have never played anyone decent.

Sad acts.

Win or Lose on the pitch on Saturday.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
As Boro beat us 0-3 they're bound to be cocky and think they only need to turn up. We want revenge for that game .......... oh and the Championship trophy!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let them talk... Don't get involved - there will only be one set of fans with potential egg in their face. Jordan Rhodes cost the same as our whole squad FFS - let them worry :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And

"I think Brighton only know one way to play. If they came to ours having to defend i think it kind of goes against their style of play. For me their main weakness is in central defence and you only have to look at the replay of our game at the Amex to see what we need to do as for most of their games i have watched since, they haven't changed much."

There you have it

Good grief. I only hope that Karanka is as stupid as the idiot that said that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It wasn't just the injuries though, Murphy and Hemed were lacking any kind of form and others (notably Kayal and Stephens) were knackered through sheer volume of games. We're such a different proposition now.

Not to mention the difference in confidence and quality from the centre backs.
Dunk is flourishing as the "senior" partner with Goldson.
Whereas at the time Uwe and GG were probably considered the stronger partnership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here