Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opening league game now Friday night: (vs Forest, 7th Aug, 7.45pm)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Indeed, Napper, but no commercially aware club is going to turn down Sky's 30 pieces of silver – most clubs quite literally can't afford to. The exigencies of Mammon basically have all clubs by the balls.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Which marathon?

*******. It's a small village on the edge of Lewes.

Not surprised we have the Friday game; Brighton and Forrest both have a large fanbase and Forrest always seem to bring 2K+. At least we've got 5 weeks to make appropriate travel arrangements.

No surprise either that the Burnley v Leeds game is the lunchtime KO!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Moving the Ipswich game in December is a right annoyance. Gone from a bank holiday (yes I know travel isisues etc etc) to a Tuesday night game.

I remember getting frustrated at the number of evening games last year that meant with childcare stuff, school nights and so on, that so many times many if not all of my 5 tickets went unused.

Looks like that's possible again this year

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Moving the Ipswich game in December is a right annoyance. Gone from a bank holiday (yes I know travel isisues etc etc) to a Tuesday night game.

I remember getting frustrated at the number of evening games last year that meant with childcare stuff, school nights and so on, that so many times many if not all of my 5 tickets went unused.

This. I know that it shouldn't come as any surprise but I still start each season optimistic about all bar a few home games being Saturday at 3.00pm. Each year it seems to be getting worse (is that true over time at The Amex..?)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
*******. It's a small village on the edge of Lewes.

Not surprised we have the Friday game; Brighton and Forrest both have a large fanbase and Forrest always seem to bring 2K+. At least we've got 5 weeks to make appropriate travel arrangements.

No surprise either that the Burnley v Leeds game is the lunchtime KO!
I looked at last years fixture list and consequently thought we were playing Fulham in November. [emoji33] [emoji35]

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
What a pain, typical of that pratt Barber to spin it and say a great occasion for Albion to open the Season's fixtures. Who gives a F@~{ about that!!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This. I know that it shouldn't come as any surprise but I still start each season optimistic about all bar a few home games being Saturday at 3.00pm. Each year it seems to be getting worse (is that true over time at The Amex..?)

12 out of the 23 last year were 3pm Saturday.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Yep

We've already gone from 4 evening fixtures in the original list to 7.
There will be more!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Hmmm, do I still take my 6yr old son to his first Albion game? He's normally in bed by 7.30!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here