Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opened an invitation to Wrexham to join us at White Hart Lane

Yoda

English & European
wrexhamgnasher said:
At the time you were a division 2 (league 1) club playing in the league cup! How many teams sell out in the league cup? Particularly aganist weaker opposition?

Exactly.

We can't even sell out a home match in the League Cup. :glare:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
e77 said:
Let me know straight away if Cardiff's finances are looking a little peeky at any stage. Adopting a struggling Welsh club is de rigeur in Sussex at the moment and I want to be on the ground floor for the next one.

Our finances are looking more than a little peeky at the moment. We've got a bigger debt than Leeds. I'll give you a shout if Sam Hammam looks like he's going to do a runner. We can meet up on the Grange End at Ninian Park and sing 'Men of Harlech' together. And we can organise a 'Wear Blue For Those Neanderthal Sheepshaggers Who Should Be Playing In Their Own Bloody League Anyway' day.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yoda said:
Exactly.

We can't even sell out a home match in the League Cup. :glare:
Thats because we always go out and get wet:D

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
wrexhamgnasher said:
At the time you were a division 2 (league 1) club playing in the league cup! How many teams sell out in the league cup? Particularly aganist weaker opposition?

Then perhaps Yoda should have said: "Every match at White Hart Lane is a sell out, except for league cup matches."

I don't know if you're aware of this Gnasher, but FA Cup crowds haven't been anything to write home about in recent seasons, particularly when Premiership sides such as Spurs have been drawn at home to weaker opposition. Like Brighton, for instance.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Yoda said:
We can't even sell out a home match in the League Cup.

You can't even sell out a home match in any competition at the moment, can you?

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Then perhaps Yoda should have said: "Every match at White Hart Lane is a sell out, except for league cup matches."

I don't know if you're aware of this Gnasher, but FA Cup crowds haven't been anything to write home about in recent seasons, particularly when Premiership sides such as Spurs have been drawn at home to weaker opposition. Like Brighton, for instance.

Whatever the attendance is, Brighton will sell out there end.

Noticied on MOTD the other day that only Man United have a better average attendance than Spurs this season.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
wrexhamgnasher said:
Noticied on MOTD the other day that only Man United have a better average attendance than Spurs this season.

Don't know where MOTD got their figures from, but I do know they're complete nonsense. Spurs actually have the 9th highest average attendance in the Premiership this season.

The clubs in front of them are Man Utd, Newcastle, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa and Everton.

Yoda

English & European
Don't know where MOTD got their figures from, but I do know they're complete nonsense. Spurs actually have the 9th highest average attendance in the Premiership this season.

The clubs in front of them are Man Utd, Newcastle, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa and Everton.

Probably done on percentage of capacity sold out. They have it in their yearly stats books now.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry

yeah thinking about that, I probably miss heard them or they were wrong, it was during the Liverpool league cup match so perhaps it was in the league cup :dunce:

Everton? ??? Chelsea ??? Man City ??? All higher than Spurs? Have you got a link there?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Our finances are looking more than a little peeky at the moment. We've got a bigger debt than Leeds. I'll give you a shout if Sam Hammam looks like he's going to do a runner. We can meet up on the Grange End at Ninian Park and sing 'Men of Harlech' together. And we can organise a 'Wear Blue For Those Neanderthal Sheepshaggers Who Should Be Playing In Their Own Bloody League Anyway' day.

Leave it with me.

Glyndwr red wxmfc

Sep 23, 2004
Wrexham
wrexhamgnasher said:
Look Wrexham fans don't want to nick your tickets, FACT!
OTLW and Biscuit have done a lot for us and have suggested we come to the game.
If you sell out then Wrexham fans won't be coming, if there are tickets left then maybe we will.
But It's going to be a sell out, theres too many people on here worrying about tickets, therefore you will defiently sell out your end.
It would be great to go to WHL to see you play but its your day out.
I think a few people on here are getting worried that they might not get tickets and have taken it out on OTLW for making an nice gesture.
FFS, there will be no Wrexham at WHL unless you don't sell out, you've made that clear, we've excepted it now just leave it!!!

Wrexhamgnasher sums up this sorry situation perfectly.
I can assure all you Brighton fans, that not one Wrexham fan will or would be happy in depriving any seagull fan of a ticket to this game.
This is your day out and we at Wrexham hope you have a fantastic day and a result to match.
I'm sure (i know) OTLW's post to invite Wrexham fans along was with the the impression that there would be tickets for all.
Good luck.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Glyndwr red wxmfc said:
Wrexhamgnasher sums up this sorry situation perfectly.
I can assure all you Brighton fans, that not one Wrexham fan will or would be happy in depriving any seagull fan of a ticket to this game.
This is your day out and we at Wrexham hope you have a fantastic day and a result to match.
I'm sure (i know) OTLW's post to invite Wrexham fans along was with the the impression that there would be tickets for all.
Good luck.

Enough said I think. Thanks to the Wrexham fans that have posted for your understanding and come back OTLW and Biscuit, none of this shit should be taken personally.

Excellent - just let us know how many tickets you want for White Hart Lane and we'll get right on it. We're even arranging for some some people from North Wales to be there for you to look down your noses at - so don't say we don't ever do anything for you.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Excellent - just let us know how many tickets you want for White Hart Lane and we'll get right on it. We're even arranging for some some people from North Wales to be there for you to look down your noses at - so don't say we don't ever do anything for you.

I bloody well hope you will offer us some support when things go belly-up at Cardiff. After all, it's your fault that we're so heavily in debt in the first place. You sent us Alan Cork.....

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
London Irish said:

See, that's what we Brits do so well, acerbic wit. Stuff that up yo ass you Yank-loving ho's, period.

Last edited:

Thanks, LB.

Some interesting figures hidden away on that site:-

Wolverhampton Wndrs (17) 91.70%
Brighton & Hove Albion (20) 90.90%
Queens Park Rangers (6) 81.10%
Ipswich Town (1) 78.90%
Plymouth Argyle (12) 78.60%
Gillingham (23) 75.70%
West Ham United (5) 75.60%
Nottingham Forest (22) 74.50%